The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 451 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 356 session->update_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/showthread.php 23 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 33 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined variable $visibleonly - Line: 411 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 411 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 481 - File: inc/db_mysqli.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/db_mysqli.php 481 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 716 DB_MySQLi->fetch_field
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(726) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(726) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 726 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6565 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6565 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 728 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 398 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1056 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(466) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(466) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 466 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 640 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 640 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 698 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 698 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 703 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 703 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6565 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(466) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 640 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 698 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 703 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1480 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1480 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1507) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1507) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1507 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
End is Near Hopefully
What exactly is a pre-sentencing report and why did Arias waive her right to it? And no doubt she wanted to stay in the jail where she can control people for as long as she can. Hopefully the prison will not be such a vacation.

And your explanation of the husband still doesn't make sense to me. But as I said, I have known I think differently for a long time.
Twitter talk' Beth Karas has police report from Jodi's arrest' that tells 2 9mm guns with a silencer, I knew of one gun found a month after arrest in rental car' that had been rented-out prior to guns discovery, and its receipt was among the roadtrips receipts, so police were seaking the new gun at arrest time, (her mother was asked about Jodi having a gun arrest day) but second gun wasn't predjudical in my book, so first jury should have been informed!
I applaud your experience Observer and the fact that you had the compassion to work with DV victims. There is no question that people who have suffered DV, need all of the support they can get.

My question still goes unanswered.
Is this current relationship that juror #17 is in a violent one?

I have personally known people who were in DV relationships and once out of them, and with professional help, moved on to positive relationships in their lives. Knowing these people was a result of my work in the social services industry and having a couple of friends in these situations.

For me, one cannot assume that ALL victims of DV and ALL felons are exactly the same. To lump them all together under the same umbrella does a disservice to those who rise above.

People DO rise above adversity whether it is violence in their lives or choices that made them guilty of a transgression under the law. They do become viable, good citizens in society.

I find it very difficult to categorize juror #17 as a pleaser to her husband to avoid any repercussions, when, in fact, we do not know. I find the same with convicted felons.

If that is the expectation, then the reality will become the expectation.

Duluth, I leave the answer to what a pre-sentencing interview is to those that actually know.

Just wanted to say that I am in agreement with you regarding #17's husband.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_1TyapWwAAMF06.jpg:large

I hope this link works and if not, it can be found on the JMP Support Page on Facebook.

Very interesting read and if truthful, it supports what I have been feeling about Arias and Perryville.

Interesting that inmates are upset over the money spent on Arias' trial while they were afforded the minimum in their cases.
I just watched the video of Troy Hayden trying to interview Arias in the halls of the courthouse while she held a big folder in front of her face. She didn't answer any of his questions unlike how she did with reporters for years before this current trial. I also saw something black on her left wrist like some sort of bandage thing maybe. I haven't read anything about this, so I can't confirm that it is a bandage. But if it is a bandage, fortunately for Travis, she won't be able to blame him for whatever injury it might be (if in fact it is) because she has already killed him many times over and even her fans couldn't be led to believe that he did do the injury to her wrist area. Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe she could convince her fans that he did it.

I hope someone does have a clue as to why Arias would waive her right to a pre-sentence report.
I think most people who have never been around the criminal community think they are just like everybody else and just made a mistake, do their time and then come out of prison and live productive healthy lives and that battered wives just go to counseling and are cured and have healthy relationships. And there are some who do change their attitude and thinking and live productive healthy lives.

But my research and limited experience tells me that most convicted felons don't change their ways and that battered women have a certain personality and will choose someone who will think for them and tell them what to do.

Many years ago when I was young and naïve and believed I could change people by introducing them to the gospel, I signed up for a church program where convicted felons in a prison in our state would write us and we would write back. I was shocked when I received three letters from violent criminals - one who had robbed banks for 10 years and been in and out of prison since his teens, another who was a cop killer and another who was a serial rapist. They detailed every crime they committed but it was always the victim's fault and the cop and prosecutors fault that they were convicted and asked me to donate money for their appeal or try to get them out of prison.

I never responded to any of them. I had nightmares for months because they had my address and I was afraid that they would either escape from prison or get out on a technicality and come to my home and kill my husband, my children and me. I was relieved when my husband was transferred and we moved.

(03-11-2015, 07:35 PM)duluth45 Wrote:  I just watched the video of Troy Hayden trying to interview Arias in the halls of the courthouse while she held a big folder in front of her face.  She didn't answer any of his questions unlike how she did with reporters for years before this current trial.  I also saw something black on her left wrist like some sort of bandage thing maybe.  I haven't read anything about this, so I can't confirm that it is a bandage.  But if it is a bandage, fortunately for Travis, she won't be able to blame him for whatever injury it might be (if in fact it is) because she has already killed him many times over and even her fans couldn't be led to believe that he did do the injury to her wrist area.  Or maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe she could convince her fans that he did it.  

I hope someone does have a clue as to why Arias would waive her right to a pre-sentence report.

Duluth, she has been wearing a wrist brace for carpal tunnel for a long time. A pre-sentence report was being prepared by the jail detailing her behavior over the last seven years, according to the sheriff but later it was reported there would be no sentencing report. Arias didn't say why she waived her right to be interviewed for the report but knowing Arias, she believes she was wrongfully convicted and shouldn't have to cooperate with her captors.
Observer, how kind of you to want to help people. I can imagine your fear when you realized what the people in the prison had done. I am glad you were able to move. I wish there was a way to help criminals to lead a decent life when released. I don't know if there are successful programs. As far as some of these women who live with domestic violence, in some cases the woman seeks out time and again the same type of abuser man. It has to be something with how the woman was treated by her father or something in her early childhood, I think. We have all known women who time after time fall for a guy who will only make her life miserable, not even talking about domestic abuse, but just who will bring unhappiness, no joy. And the same thing with some men who are always attracted to women who will use them and not care anything about them. It is hard to figure out but there is a lot of this everywhere.

I admire people who want to help. I, on the other hand, think people have to travel their own road to learn their lesson and wouldn't listen to good reason if it was shouted from the rooftops. I leave that to the hopefully intelligent psychologists and therapists and preachers and priests who work with people to help them.
Observer......

You stated "I think most people who have never been around the criminal community think they are just like everybody else and just made a mistake, do their time and then come out of prison and live productive healthy lives and that battered wives just go to counseling and are cured and have healthy relationships."

I do NOT think that MOST people who have not been around or learned about criminal activity or who do not understand DV think the way you have stated. Actually, for all the time that we have been a part of this forum, this is the first statement that offended me.

Life is not as easy as that for people, no matter what their circumstances.

There is no "perfect fix" and not everyone sees through "rose coloured glasses".

It can be long, hard road and for some, they continue down the same path but there are many who do not.

I think that we should agree to disagree on this topic and carry on before one of us says something we would regret.

On my side, I respect your opinion but do not agree with all of it.

Duluth,

A good therapist, social worker, et al, does not want their clients to listen to good reasoning and change but rather their job is to help clients, through talking and guidance, to come to their own conclusions about their lives.

I say this after my own personal experience in therapy and from my career work, from which I am now retired.
Look what I found in googling! I just posted it to Juan Martinez Prosecutor Support Page.

On the main page, A Steve C. Joyner, has posted to her support site that since the Sheriff had not informed her that at least 10 of her 'callers' were being banned, she was 'pissed'. You'll see it on their site. Just scroll down a little.

I googled Steve C. Joyner and on his site, he has ‘anti death penalty’ videos.
So then, I clicked on his friend’s list and guess who is one of his friends there! Sheriff Joe needs to investigate little sister Angela, her facebook account and her phone calls.

https://www.facebook.com/scjoyner/friends
This is on his ‘friend’s list! Sister Angela is on his friend’s list along with her picture.

Steve c. Joyner
One friend is Angela and its her because her photo is there.
Angela Susan
105 followers
• Yreka High
I will say this and then let it rest. In my experience, life has many twists and turns and we each have to chose to the best of our ability and chance to do the right or best road. I tell one kid I have who thinks he has such a perfect life (and I hope it is and remains that way forever) that you never known what curve is up ahead that we don't see at a particular moment. Sometimes we don't take the right road for many reasons. But hopefully by the next curve, we make a change. We can do the best we know how but then that road switches to and fro and we have to deal with that road and try to stay on track. That's just the way it is. It isn't like those fairy tales where the ending was always "and they lived happily ever after". There are just too many ups and downs in most of our lives and yet we strive always to be happy and do the good thing.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.
Bravo Duluth!

Extremely well stated!!!