The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 451 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 356 session->update_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 33 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Crime & Trial Discussion Forums
End is Near Hopefully - Printable Version

+- Crime & Trial Discussion Forums (http://kristinarandle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Crimes and Trials (http://kristinarandle.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Jodi Arias Trial (http://kristinarandle.com/forum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: End is Near Hopefully (/thread-1.html)

RE: End is Near Hopefully - NERN - 02-04-2015

I have to agree that it is very odd that no one is coming forward to beg for Arias to live.

Given their relationship with Arias over the years and then seeing what she ultimately was capable of by slaughtering Travis, I am sure there is some element of fear in them.

To learn that she first stole one of the murder weapons from her own grandparents and then returned from killing Travis showing no remorse at all because she was not involved, most likely made them very nervous of what she could do next.

It is easier for them to show support at a distance (social media and being in the courtroom) but a totally different thing to get on the stand and have to tell the truth. Not the truth that Arias wants them to lie about but to have to corroborate all the hearsay testimony that has been presented through DeMarte.

Martinez would have exposed all the inconsistencies and lies in what Arias was claiming about her family had they taken the stand. They apparently will not directly throw their daughter under the bus by testifying but rather give false support from afar.
By virtue of them not coming forward in court, it tells the jury that what they are hearing about Arias and her life and led to the murder of Travis that she has been convicted of is the truth.

When Arias is sentenced, they have the misguided thought that they did not help to have her convicted or receive the sentence she will get.
Then, I feel they will go on a campaign through the media to help Arias with appeal after appeal and to raise money for her.
Again, misguided but I guess they are doing what they feel is best for them AND their daughter and it helps to ease their minds for the future.

I cannot say what I would do if in their situation. I adore and love my children but would I get on the stand and try to lie for them - I doubt it. First of all, I do not lie well and would be exposed very quickly of doing so. Secondly, how is that actually helping my child? No question that the best case scenario is to get professional help but when that is not possible, then making sure that my child, who is a danger to society, can never reoffend again by killing someone that rejected them would be helping them and society.
Tough call but again, I am not in that situation so it is easy to speculate.

RE: End is Near Hopefully - Lunarscope - 02-04-2015

After reading Nerns post I replied that's why I relate Jodi was demented' a generalized psyco analysis that puts more blame on birth defect than parental failure!

Plus' that explains the spread eagle' Jodi was proud of them Meat Curtains!

And after Observer post I said,

Also Jodi's family missed the Jury return with their (judge ruled) undecided vote' and avoidance of the press's reporters would result!
The pot growing at her age was not unusual' What drew her mother to discover was that her Tupperware containers were missing and she knew Jodi was lying about stealing them' then found them on roof with weed growing in them, and don't forget police found a receipt for gun purchase at Jodi's arrest time, (two gun reaaons to fear Jodi) the most dangerous killer is one who just killed, Police set a affordable bail knowing Jodi wouldn't be entrusted outside confinement by family or friends.

Jodi was a serial killer busted at first murder, I believe Jodi was just leaving Yreka to start a new life. But would roadtrip more revenge murders whenever convienent! A worst of the worst who is a endangerment to everything including the prison guards and cellmates! Her brain is just wired wrong and that's beyond medicine or doctoring from birth, for preventing' Every accused slaughterer should receive a cat scan = brain scan so future medical discoveries can have a case history comparison and then eliminate the DP!
I am saying that it is not Jodi's fault that Jodi is unfit for societies' be it freedom or confined!

Whether Arias was a serial killer busted for her first murder can be debated forever.

Killing once does make it easier to kill again, I agree. And she had bought another gun after the slaughter of Travis "just in case she needed it".

But in my opinion, she definitely is a dangerous person and should never see the free world again whether receiving the DP or LWOP.
It is mere speculation that she would go after anyone else. If they crossed and/or rejected her, I would be very frightened of what she is capable of.

For me, I want this crime dealt with and forget about her rather than speculate as to what she would have done if not caught for the slaughter of Travis.
She will never see the light of day again in free society and that works for me.
Let the ass Sheriff control her while incarcerated in his jail and the warden of Perryville in the future.

Not passing the buck here at all but I want her gone and forgotten in my free world!

Well said Nerm, I just posted this and it relates my feelings!

Jodi will do something in front of the jury before they deliberate, something crazy to prove her mental deficiency' its all she can possibly do, Martinez is asking for a month to grind Jodi into nothingness' I bet she throws something, I support the DP because the Alexander family want DP closure and hate that when a DP is determined that the time clock can be streached, I support a appeal process, but a 20 year wait is foolish justice' Jodi will be the swift deterrent example.

Jodi gave Travis the DP and I'm unsure that they were an item for as long as 4 months, I could have been in Travis's shower or my family member! I'm not susceptible to what is found on social media (but I learn from it) or news reports, I have changed little in my assessment from day one (say Martinez first explaining the attack sequence) and I/we will be diligent because the Alexander family deserve support and Travis deserves his legacy restored, Jodi can still tell the Jury that she is a habitual lier who slaughtered Travis in cold blood backstabingly and pray for a single juror to grant mercy' all she needs to do is give-up the gun and ask for forgiveness, she has a 10 thousand to one odds of surviving the judgement if she repents. Martinez just allotted her a month to try! Remember this jury followed the first trial and have 3 million dollars worth of reasonings to publicly substantiate when they get dismissed, from the Judge down to the first juries jury forman their hogtied with the Jodi bus approaching only law enforcement avoids the bus.

I'd feel more comfortable if Jodi was in a Super-Max prison, she charms her way with dangerous ease, feels comfortable in confinement and advantages her whims, look at her 2 door 2 room cell now and the second room had a phone that she somehow was calling out with. what other prisoner in history ever accomplished her ease of accessing the unaccessible! That's just an example, she cannot be trusted in confinement! I wouldn't have her Warden as a dog catcher but that's just my opinion!

I follow this case for two reasons.

1. Most importantly to support the Alexander family
2. It is an interest that has been going on for a long time and I want to hear/see its conclusion.

I am not in support of the DP, however as I have said in the past, it IS the law in Arizona at the present time to have someone eligible for it and if it is the law, so be it.

Yup, she could be on Death Row for a very long time and more money will be spent on appeals over the years, but she will be alone with minimal contact with others. The restrictions will play on her and she will not do well.
The real downside of the DP for her is the toll it will continue to take on the Alexander family as they have to deal with the appeals process for years to come.

I believe that LWOP is a slow death regardless of the perks that so many assume she will have if that is the sentence she receives.
I also believe that it will not be the picnic she and so many others think it will be. At some point, her manipulative and narcissistic personality will cross someone else and she will pay. Inmates, IMO, have no use for people like her. She will be fair game to them.
She will also be gone from the Alexander family and they can make their efforts to move forward with their lives.

Again I agree Nerm' I am against the DP also but I relate from creation to today and an argument against war superceeds, Religiously I relate " Give to Cesar that what belongs to Cesar" our governmental laws are Cesar, I had to say it that way because I do not believe an eye for an eye is spiritually acceptable!
Now' I do try to not talk overzealously about the DP due to anti DP respectable posters who stand strong by their convictions, naming 2 Liberty and Music, but I fear life in prison for Jodi in the new Arizona prison will not confine her righteously if she get into population after 3 years or if she rots in death row, all prisons are bad' that's a given, and if the assessment is the faithful will serve justice' that had not happened with Sheriff Joes cushy confinement of Jodi as the high profile inmate!

Travis's family could have dropped the seaking of the DP at any time, the assault by Jodi never stopped, and that's where they stand, I'm on their side to the end jury decision!

I am in agreement with you lunarscope - I stand, firmly, right behind the Alexander family despite my own personal opinion.

As far as Sheriff Joe is concerned, I have stated that there is no love lost for me regarding him.
He does what is in the best interests of Sheriff Joe but hides this in the name of justice and being tough on inmates.
That is what has had him elected over and over again.
He believes his own press.
If Sheriff Joe will do it, then the citizens of Phoenix and the State of Arizona do not have to lose precious sleep.

BUT - he is a criminal in his own right.
He was found guilty of racial profiling.

He is a disgrace to his profession that is supposed to uphold the law, not use it for personal gain. More arrests make him look good in the eyes of the public.

I cannot get over that this has been ignored and that he was not dismissed from his position. This is a direct violation of civil rights, something that should never be ignored.
By not demanding sanctions be put on him somehow, silence says his methods are supported. This is very scary for me.

Please notice that after his guilty verdict, all interviews with Arias stopped. He came out saying that she is a prisoner just like all the others and will not get preferential treatment. One doesn't hear much from Sheriff Joe and his interaction with Arias any more.

Had he not been found guilty, rest assured that Arias would have continued with her exclusive privileges. By giving them to her, it would keep Sheriff Joe in the limelight, something his narcissistic personality craves.

RE: End is Near Hopefully - Observer - 02-04-2015

Janeen DeMarte successfully knocked down all of Jodi Arias lies about drug use or abuse from her parents and physical and verbal abuse from Alexander.

Demarte said in past interviews with psychologists, Jodi Arias never reported that she saw her father use cocaine, her mother use marijuana or smoke marijuana when she was pregnant with Arias or that her parents abused her physically or verbally. She said she asked Arias if her mother used drugs during her pregnancy and she said no.

She said Dr. Samuels noted on 12/09 that Arias told him her parents never emotionally or physically abused her. Arias never reported any parental abuse to any psychologist including DeMarte.

Zenya, a childhood friend, said Arias parents never abused her but she loved playing victim.

Aimee Lantz, Arias cousin, said she knew of no physical abuse from Arias’ parents. She said she never saw Bill and Sandra Arias spank their kids and said they were spoiled.

Both Zenya and Julie, Jodi’s half sister, said Jodi was always secretive and they knew very little about her life. Zenya also said Arias changed her personality depending on who she was with.

DeMarte said this is typical of Borderline Personality Disorder.

DeMarte doesn’t believe Arias suffered any physical abuse from Alexander because she told different stories to different psychologists and there was no mention of it in her journal.

DeMarte found no pattern of verbal abuse in Arias and Alexander’s relationships. She said couples have spats. It is normal.

She said the only time there was any name calling was in May 26 text messages
when Alexander called her a whore and three hole wonder.

DeMarte said neither Arias nor Alexander told anyone about their sexual relationship. She said it was typical and normal to not talk about your sex life with others.

It’s typical for psychologists from the defense and prosecution to have differing opinions so they might just ignore each side’s opinions and go with the facts that are proven from the records of the psychologists.

I think what Arias told the psychologists in 2009 that there was no childhood abuse or drug use would hold more weight than what she is testifying to in front of a jury deciding if she lives or dies.

The jurors they may ignore the differing comments about abuse from Carl, his friend, the cousin and Arias childhood friends because they sound prejudicial. Carl and his friend/Jodi’s coworker could be lying about the abuse to keep Arias from getting the death penalty and Zenya and Aimee may be trying to protect Arias parents.

Parents don’t usually spank their kids in public so Zenya and Aimee may not know what went on behind closed doors.

Thanks for the update Observer. I get so tired of reading the tweets and comments of every little thing that is said.

And that is the reason her family has not come forward in this mitigation trial. They would end up being a witness for the State!

I cannot imagine the fury that Arias is experiencing with DeMarte on the stand!

RE: End is Near Hopefully - Observer - 02-04-2015

Bombshell.

According to Jenn Wood’s tweets, Dr. DeMarte testified that Jodi Arias stalked Matt and Daryl as well as Travis after they tried to break up with her.

This was news to me.

Daryl Brewer told Arias he couldn’t be exclusive with her because of Jack, his son, and Jodi was upset. She would continue to call Daryl and show up or call Daryl and ask to do laundry or eat. Daryl would turn her down and she would get upset. She was always in Daryl’s space and was needy and whiny and would speak in a little girl voice.

Matt McCartney moved out because he needed space from Jodi. She was annoyed at Matt’s traits and how he communicated. He tried to break it off and she wouldn’t let him.
Matt broke up the sex before he moved out. Jodi and Matt were always fighting.

Jodi found out Matt was dating Bianca and drove over and confronted her. Bianca was calm and level headed and knew Matt and Jodi weren’t having sex anymore. Jodi went to Matt’s apartment when he was gone and slept in his bed.

Sky Hughes said Jodi would follow Travis Alexander around when they were at her house. Sky caught Jodi waiting outside the bathroom door for Travis Alexander, standing outside the door listening to a private conversation and was asked to leave and did it again and waiting for Travis behind a closed bedroom door as he telephoned Deanna.

DeMarte says Jodi can’t let go. Jodi moves very fast in relationships and then devalues fast. Jodi told Sky she knew she’d marry Travis Alexander right away. Then Jodi Arias devalued Alexander by murdering him. She was making out with Ryan Byrnes right after murdering Travis Alexander and courting another guy on the plane home to Yreka after attending Alexander’s memorial service in Mesa. She had to believe he deserved to die in order to do this and act normal.

DeMarte said people called Jodi a chameleon. She did this with all her boyfriends from living in a tent to being professional with Travis Alexander. Skye said Jodi Arias would walk around the house reading a bible while kids were running around. Skye said they were all watching a MMA boxing match on TV and Jodi said it was too aggressive for her and she was going to go read her Bible. On Myspace she said MMA was the favorite thing to do and she had identical likes as Alexander.

DeMarte reads a text to Chantaya in which he says Arias cries a lot and it is hard to deal with and that she was a great girl but they weren’t right for each other.

In a text between Alexander and Arias he tells her she dramatizes anything and moans when she doesn’t get her way and hangs up on him. She tells him she is going to “whatever him on the nose.”

In an email between Regan and Travis, he says his former girlfriend got on Facebook and will cry more than you can imagine over me and he is afraid she will kill herself.
Regan asks if she is still stalking him and he says yep. He says she breaks into his email account and even though he changes the password, she figures it out. He warns her she will probably get a threatening email from her. He says now Jodi is in his email and tells Regan to say hi Jodi and she does. He tells Regan Jodi slashed his tires and she better watch out.

DeMarte says being overly dramatic along with anger is part of the Borderline Personality Disorder. DeMarte said Jodi is angry on the outside and it comes out in violent outbursts. As an example, she reads the Valentine’s Day text from Arias in which she says her anger is very destructive. She says her anger is harmful to her and others. She said this is consistent with Borderline Personality Disorder.

DeMarte brings up Jodi Arias kicking her mother and says she admitted on a test given her by Geffner that she was angry often and angry at something trivial often and confessed to feeling empty inside. DeMarte said Borderlines get angry and explode as Arias did. She said in her journals she has felt suicidal since 1997 and this was confirmed by her parents.

DeMarte brought up that Jodi Arias had said No jury will convict me because she planned on committing suicide and tried to cut her wrist with a razor but it stung so she didn’t kill herself. She said this proves Arias has Borderline Personality Disorder, not PTSD.

She said Jodi Arias doesn't have PTSD or else she would never have gone to Travis Alexander's home after the memorial. She would be too frightened of having flashbacks of the crime. She doesn't scan a room as PTSD victims do.

I’m afraid the Borderline Personality Disorder diagnosis might backfire on the state. On cross, Wilmott is going to try to get DeMarte to say because she had Borderline Personality Disorder she couldn’t control her anger and her violent outbursts and therefore is not responsible for stabbing Travis Alexander 29 times and slitting his throat. It may cause the jury to sympathize with Arias.