The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 451 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 356 session->update_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 33 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Crime & Trial Discussion Forums
End is Near Hopefully - Printable Version

+- Crime & Trial Discussion Forums (http://kristinarandle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Crimes and Trials (http://kristinarandle.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Jodi Arias Trial (http://kristinarandle.com/forum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: End is Near Hopefully (/thread-1.html)

RE: End is Near Hopefully - NERN - 02-05-2015

Well, well, well - a busy day in court today.

Of course the defense (Arias) will say that because of the Borderline Personality Disorder, she did not have control over her anger and violent slaughter of Travis.

But it is my understanding that this violent behaviour comes on "in the moment" and the person acts out.

Arias took TIME to accomplish this slaughter. She methodically planned it. She thought it all out in her mind.
She stole the gun from her grandparents.
She rented a car from an agency outside of her hometown.
She dyed her hair.
She got the gas cans.
She shut off her phone.
She tampered with the license plates.
She lied to people saying she was going to see Ryan.
She said she got lost.
She arrived at Travis' for one last booty call.
She spent the better part of the day having sex with Travis.
And then when he was in a vulnerable position, she MURDERED him.
She tried to destroy evidence in Travis' home.
She stole evidence and threw it away in the desert.
She turned her phone back on once out of Arizona.
She called Travis and left messages for the man she had just killed.
She arrived at Ryan's as planned (but late) and spent the night with him in his bed.
She went back home to Yreka.

All of this is not a act of a violent outburst!
This is a clear case of premeditation and cover-up. She knew what she was going to do and try to get away with it.

I do not see this backfiring on the State at all.

AND...she has been convicted of this very act, - Premeditated First Degree Felony Murder with Extreme Cruelty. That is exactly why the jury is even here!

This is not a retrial on her guilt and why she did what she did which is what the defense (Arias) has been trying to do since this trial began. This is a sentencing trial, plain and simple.

Today's testimony was riveting because it exposed Arias as a deceitful, secretive, manipulative, aggressive, confrontational and controlling person where nothing is her fault.

It exposed her lies and inconsistencies on each test she was given and in her interviews with experts by telling them different details.

It exposed her violence with her own mother.

It exposed her bogus thoughts of suicide as even an accidental nick with a razor was too much for her.

It exposed her as a chameleon in relationships to get what she wanted (something I have called her in past posts).

It exposed her lack of remorse for her crime (although the word remorse was not actually used) with her attendance at the memorial service, going back to Travis' house after the murder AND the letter she sent to the family.

It exposed that her break-ups with Matt and Darryl were not amicable. It exposed that these two were just lucky and not worth killing in her mind.

No, emphatically, I do not see this backfiring on the State no matter what the defense (Arias) tries to do in cross.

They wanted the rest of the day to get ready for cross and to come up with more absurd questioning and probably more motions. The two lawyers probably needed time to calm Arias down as she would have infuriated by today's testimony.

RE: End is Near Hopefully - Justice - 02-05-2015

Observer, your quote, here:
"Bombshell.

According to Jenn Wood’s tweets, Dr. DeMarte testified that Jodi Arias stalked Matt and Daryl as well as Travis after they tried to break up with her.

This was news to me."

This was new to me also. I had always thought since SHE claimed she broke it off with them, that was one of the reasons she ambushed and killed Travis...when HE broke it off with her, rather than HER doing the 'break.'

I think this must have been considered too prejudicial against her to come out in the guilt phase. But, it has come out now! This proves beyond a doubt that she was also stalking those two men, just as she did Travis, but not to the point of slashing their tires or hacking into their emails and Facebook and bank accounts. It could be they did not have computers, or it could be that she just perfected her mode of operation and of keeping track of what they were doing. Rather than do it by computer (for whatever reason), she simply got in her car and drove to where they had fled from her.

Her astounding belief that she has the same rights and privileges as a 'goddess' causes her to expect that men should bow down to her and hand her each and every whim. For example, she admitted that Darryl gave her the money for a 'boob' job. But yet, Darryl when interviewed by Dr. DeMarte said she would go into the mode of crying, begging and would use her "little girl voice". All of these things were used by her to get whatever she wanted from the men she was with at the time.

She drove to confront Bianca (was that her name?) because Matt was seeing her. Arias believed, since she was a 'goddess' that men should not desire any other woman. She was the same as threatening the girl, to stay away from Matt, because he belonged to HER.

FACT: Just because she is a whore, that does not make her God's gift to mankind. I was actually happy that it came out that these men tried getting away from her, tried to 'cut her loose' from their life, tried to walk away...but she came chasing after them. Both admitted that to Dr. DeMarte. I believe them, and I'm betting that Arias is furious tonight! She did not want this truth brought out into the spot light!

I don't, however, think the Borderline Personality Disorder diagnosis might backfire on the state. If I'm not mistaken, there is a Psychologist sitting on the jury and another whose mother is in the same profession. If they are not chosen as 'alternates', they will be able to let people know that this is NOT a mere 'mental illness' and that even with that diagnosis, Arias is very intelligent, premeditated the murder and then attempted to cover her tracks. She cannot be termed as actually insane. She knew right from wrong, she just did not care.

She was 'done' with Travis, and to her, 'eliminating' him was no more than to delete something from a paragraph on a computer or no different than swatting a pesky fly. She does not play by rules or laws, but by her own wishes of who she wants in her life and who she does not. It's not bothered her one iota that he hurt while she was eliminating him and sees no reason to stop her from going after him still, or from going after those friends and family who loved him and miss him. The only thing she wants now, is to get out of jail and not go to prison. So, beware...she'll do anything she can to help her achieve that goal.

RE: End is Near Hopefully - Observer - 02-05-2015

Nern and Justice, you both make good points.

The psychologist on the jury might also see that she has a flat affect and the premeditation shows she could be a psychopath as well as a borderline. The psychologist will also know that she doesn't have the symptoms of PTSD as DeMarte pointed out. I hope he explains to the rest of the jury that psychopaths with BPD is a combination that is a danger to society.

I think the importance of Dr. DeMarte's testimony is that she paints a picture of a dangerous stalker with a pattern of pursuing men even after they try to break it off, falling in love quickly, then valuing them quickly and killing Travis Alexander because she couldn't let go.

Yesterday during DeMarte's testimony the jury also heard from Travis own words and his best friend and roommate that Jodi Arias was stalking him.

Email exchange between Travis and a woman named Regan:

Travis: "I have no privacy. My ex girlfriend watched Lisa and me make out twice. She spies on me. Hacks into my email and Facebook. Now my ex is in my email I think. She's probably reading this...say Hi Jodi."

Reagan- "Hi Jodi...hey we are totally gonna do it."

Travis: "She is crafty. She is scary. She got my password and kept logging me off over and over. Yeah, you will probably get a threatening email from some anonymous person and it will be her. There's a good chance this will happen. She slashed my tires. You better watch out."

Text message from Travis to Jodi: "You have any idea what happened to that diamond ring in my drawer?"

Jodi: "What diamond ring? Oh yeah, I have it. I will explain. Don't be mad. I am sure it caused you stress."

Travis: "I am not mad. Don't worry."

Taylor Searle: Travis dated Jodi for few months and she hacked into his Facebook account and emails and showed up at his home uninvited. Travis told her he didn't want to see her anymore and she got very upset.

Zach Billings: He knew they had issues and argued about Jodi showing up in his house and had arguments about her moving back to Mesa. Jodi called at inappropriate times, asked advise, and Jodi would just always let herself in the house. TA was trying to help Jodi out since she didn't have anyone else. TA said he had an argument with Jodi and she showed up at his house with a Uhaul when she was leaving.

Martinez seemed to be leading DeMarte so she could bring out the stalking behavior which proves Jodi Arias was the aggressor and not Travis Alexander and that she had a pattern of pursuing men, clinging to men and stalking them when they tried to break it off with her statements from the Purple Plum boss and coworker, Billings, Searle, Sky Hughes, Darrell Brewer, Mat McCartney and Jodi Arias half sister Julie who told the story about Arias picking up a guy on the plane on her way to Yreka from attending Alexander's memorial service in Mesa.

Justice and Observer.....
You as well bring up some good points.

Since she has been known to use her "little girl voice" in the past, I believe that is exactly what she did when she made her secret testimony. Several times she was asked to speak up. Just another ploy in her arsenal. Once again she is playing people and in this case, the jury.

Interesting point that she may have refined her skills by the time she slaughtered Travis. With each relationship, she tried all she could to get back with the man that was leaving her. None of it worked but she always had someone waiting in the wings to direct her attention on.

With Travis, I think she thought she had finally found her "gold mine" and "knight in shining armour".
All of her known tactics she had used in the past once again were not working for her to keep him so she resorted to an escalated scheme of full-blown stalking.
This included, but not exclusive to, sneaking into his home, peeping in his windows, hacking into his emails and texts, slashing tires and finally, trying to blackmail him with recorded sex calls.

Still, Travis wanted her gone and although she had Ryan (she felt) in the wings, she was furious and outraged that Travis rejected her. Another in a long list of men she had relationships with.
So....it was just easier to eliminate him completely from this earth.

I agree that DeMarte showed the court and importantly the jury, that she was a danger to society.

BPD is probably correct as a diagnosis for Arias BUT......

It does not negate the methodical premeditation of this crime by her nor her continued attack of Travis throughout both trials. This attack was also planned well in advance as evident of her threat to the family if they did not take her plea deal.

Her only concern in all of this is that she becomes a free woman.
She doesn't give a tinker's damn about all the sleazy things that have come out during numerous testimonies.
She doesn't care that people think she has BPD or any other diagnosis they label her with AND is an evil, demented murderess IF in the end she is free.

Jodi Ann Arias has never cared about others and continues to care about no one but herself.
This is being emphatically proven in court.

No question in my mind that more disgusting tactics will be brought forward by the defense (Arias) as her fury rages.

Even in death, Travis is rejecting her and showing the world who she is.

RE: End is Near Hopefully - Justice - 02-05-2015

Nern, I like the way you have summed these facts, especially near the end of your reply where you said,

"Jodi Ann Arias has never cared about others and continues to care about no one but herself.
This is being emphatically proven in court.

No question in my mind that more disgusting tactics will be brought forward by the defense (Arias) as her fury rages."

So very true. Her only reasoning comes from a demented, twisted, but toxic narcissistic personality. She feels 'superior' to whoever she is in a relationship with whether that be a man or family. That was proven by her 'goddess' statement. She even SMELLS like a goddess, she claimed. (As if somehow she knows how a 'goddess' smells!)

She is a loser and a user.
She sees her parents and family only as far as what she can get through them or from them.
She sees her grandmother only as a roof over her head and a way of ignoring her parents 'rules' and 'boundaries'.
She's seen each man in her life as her own personal roof over her head and her own possession, to do her biddings.

She is toxic to anyone she chooses to bring into her life, because she feels so superior to them. SHE will decide who they talk to, when they talk to them, when they see them if she allows them to see or talk to someone other than to her. She will not obey 'normal' rules and boundaries. She is superior and any rules or boundaries are up to her decision making. Therefore, she keeps them on a short leash and they will not be allowed to go any farther than she will allow because they are inferior to HER.

I'd say Arias is super furious about Dr. DeMarte and things she brought out in testimony and the actual proof. She hates her, I'm sure, because DeMarte did not allow her to look like the poor, innocent victim. I was stunned when Arias showed up yesterday WITHOUT HER GLASSES. I felt that was an attempt to 'compete' with the Dr! Dark colored clothing, because the Dr. wore dark clothing the day before and the Dr. does not wear glasses. She may just show up today in 'gray', since that's what the doctor wore yesterday. It could be Arias' way of showing her that, since she is 'superior'...a 'goddess'... that she CAN compete with her. After all, she has superior intelligence that (to her way of thinking) will make her superior, even though she is a high school drop out. After all, why would a 'goddess' need a high school diploma or or more education and specialized training?

Justice,

I agree with your comments about her feeling so superior to others. It defines her.

My concern right now is that she is going to do something crazy because she is so furious. She cannot control her anger and it has to come out some way.

I have no idea what she could do or might do, but I would be wary of her at this point.

She is a dangerous woman when she feels cornered or made to look like the fool she is.

RE: End is Near Hopefully - Lunarscope - 02-05-2015

We discussed and I'm convinced that in the first trial when in Chambers and with sudden court cancelation with an ambulance at courthouse, that Jodi received the shock-belt treatment, on JDT blogger not JDT Yuku JDT wrote a long summation of his personal experience with a psyco girlfriend, ( very similar to Jodi' JDT had to move out of state and went incognito) it is of course well written and worth the time, shame is that SW JII nutcaae forced JDT to disable comments and that required removal of all comments on blogger (JDT Yuku is much better of a blog format) and all replies on blogger evaporated to that blog not Yuku, it was set-up to accept posts without sign-in!

Thinking about what crazy thing Jodi may do' I've been discussing the likelihood for days, the most likely is that she does what I've been saying for over a year, the habitual lier defense, with the guns surrendering, saying DeMarte is correct! Their would be people talking leniency, Not myself or the Alexander family or Martinez or Judge just public bloggers.

RE: End is Near Hopefully - Observer - 02-05-2015

Tammy Rose @News20Chopper tweeted: "I find it odd that the defense didn't hit the mental illness hard in their mitigation defense, but trashed the victim instead." #JodiArias

I think that's because the defense psychologist - Dr. Robert Geffner - testified that Jodi Arias had no personality disorders.

So Nurmi has to use the state psychologist's diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder to prove the cold blooded murderer has a mental illness and is a victim not a cold blooded murderer.

So instead of impeaching Dr. Janeen DeMarte like Wilmott did in the trial phase when the defense was denying Arias had a mental illness, Nurmi is using the BPD diagnosis to blame BPD and her parents and not Arias for her stalking and murdering Travis Alexander.

As Nurmi tries to manipulate the jury into believing Jodi Arias is just a sensitive and emotionally mentally ill girl who didn’t want to swat a fly, Arias is acting the part in court.

See picture at this link:

https://twitter.com/HenleMark/status/563407917677019138/photo/1

Just as I suspected, Nurmi asked Dr. DeMarte right out of the gate if Borderline Personality Disorder was a mental illness.

DeMarte answered that it was a psychological disorder but after he asked her several times, she admitted BPD is a mental illness.

He also got her to admit that Borderlines are more sensitive and not able to control their emotions just like I thought he would. Then he got her to admit that the environment one grows up in where the person's feelings aren't validated can trigger Borderline Personality. Dr. DeMarte testified that Arias told her that her parents did not validate her feelings.

DeMarte said Arias told her she was sexually attacked by a family member at the age of six but couldn't remember it. She said it is not unusual for someone to not remember at such an early age.

She said: "Borderlines have a fear of abandonment so they glom on."

When DeMarte said Jodi Arias told her that she looked into Travis Alexander's Myspace and got into his emails, Nurmi said, "That's just her word and not a data base that proves that." Now Nurmi is calling his own client a liar because it benefits the defense like Arias lies to benefit herself.

Yes, Nurmi is trying to use the BPD to his (Arias') advantage. I probably would do the same to a degree if I was losing my case.
DeMarte said yes, BPD can be considered a mental illness, but so can Depression and Anxiety be considered so as well. I know this from personal experience.

Arias told her she was sexually abused as a young person but did not remember it. DeMarte said this is not unusual.
She also said she went into Travis' MySpace and looked at his messages.

Nurmi countered that the only evidence of this is Arias word and implied that she could have been lying.

The same response could have been made about the sexual abuse she claims happened and conveniently cannot remember (fog), but DeMarte validated by saying it was not unusual to not remember.

What this shows to me is that DeMarte is being honest in her answers to questions even when it might seem to benefit the defense (Arias). It goes to show that DeMarte knows her stuff and will give an honest answer and therefore making her very credible.

From what I have been reading about what is going on today, it seems that people, including myself, think that Nurmi is out of his depth completely and roaming all over the place.
Although he has been able to get a few things in - like the admission that BPD is a mental illness and that her early life contributed to her BPD coming to light, he is cocky, sarcastic and confrontational with DeMarte. This is not a good strategy especially in front of the jury.
DeMarte doesn't flinch but rather corrects him when he is trying to illicit answers that do not make any sense. She also concedes when it is appropriate.

What he is trying to do is UNDO the damage from yesterday's testimony. DeMarte presented damning information regarding Arias and her actions throughout the years. He may make some points in his cross but he cannot undo the obvious.

Arias, although she may have some form of mental illness, knew right from wrong in every action that she took.
She had the presence of mind to plan her every move, in detail.
Coupled with this, she continued to carry on with her life, working, pursuing relationships and acting as normal as possible.
DeMarte was able to bring out through the many interviews she conducted, her consistent behaviour over the years.

IMO, the issue of mental illness being the main factor in this trial for the defense (Arias) is of no consequence really.

This is not a trial on innocence or guilt or why the crime happened.
This is not a trial on her mental competency. She knew that what she had done was wrong and showed this with her many stories before ending with self defense and DV.
This has been dealt with and Arias was found guilty.

This trial is about whether Arias should die for the crime she committed, for how she committed it and for having the where-with-all to premeditate even the cover-up afterwards.

Martinez will once again bring in all the details of Travis' death, complete with photos.
Martinez and JSS will remind the jury that a conviction is already in place.
Martinez will remind the jury of the many lies that Arias has told and that her version of the crime and why it happened cannot be believed.

The jury is not stupid.
They have seen the mudslinging that the defense (Arias) has been doing.
They have heard the inconsistencies in the defense's (Arias') experts' testimonies and what they based their opinions on.
They have heard "witnesses" for the defense (through affidavits) and have heard how their statements were proven to be lies.
They have heard the honest testimony of Deanna Reid who loved and lost Travis as a romantic partner but remained close to his heart until his death.
They have heard the testimony of a reputable man who had no reason or gain to lie but rather tell the truth - Bishop Parker.
Most importantly, they see that NO ONE is willing to speak up on Arias' behalf to try and save her life - especially her family.
They have heard of how she acts the chameleon when needed and how she manipulates with being the timid person with "the little girl voice".
They have seen with their own eyes this very behaviour when she gave her secret testimony.

No...I still believe that no matter what the defense (Arias) does from here on in will not negate the truth.

RE: End is Near Hopefully - Observer - 02-06-2015

Attorney Monica Lindstrom: There is no question of "legal" insanity in this case. #JodiArias understands the charges/process and can help her attorneys.

I am sure that Juan Martinez will bring this up in re-direct so the jurors are clear that BPD does not absolve her from culpability in the cruel murder.

In his cross, what Nurmi is doing is using his smoke and mirrors again to divert from the damaging testimony yesterday that painted Arias as a dangerous stalker.

He is taking it back to his old mantra of Arias being a mentally ill girl who was taken advantage of by the womanizing sexual deviant who had a Jekyl and Hyde personality.

If I was a juror, I would be bored by Nurmi's slow waltz into slime alley and trashing the victim over and over again until he puts us to sleep.

I think he is going to drag out the cross with DeMarte as long as he can and then bring on a surrebutal case where Fonseca and Geffner go through the same old trashing of the victim. It clearly could backfire on the Princess, especially when she coldly presents her Me Me I I allocution where she brags about donating her hair, drawings and glasses to charity and how she is going to save the planet and start a book club and recycling program in prison.

It'll be clear to the jurors she has zero remorse and every time she opens her mouth it is a lie. And that everything DeMarte, Horne, Flores and Martinez said about her and the horrific crime was the truth.

I hope they send this narcissistic psychopath to death row and execute her so we can be rid of her shooting off her mouth on twitter, blogs and in the media.

I am tired of listening to her lies about Travis Alexander and everybody else who is trying to make her accountable for her crime.