The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 451 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 356 session->update_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 33 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Crime & Trial Discussion Forums
End is Near Hopefully - Printable Version

+- Crime & Trial Discussion Forums (http://kristinarandle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Crimes and Trials (http://kristinarandle.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Jodi Arias Trial (http://kristinarandle.com/forum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: End is Near Hopefully (/thread-1.html)

RE: End is Near Hopefully - Observer - 02-16-2015

Juan Martinez Prosecutor Support Page

Yesterday at 12:40am · Edited ·
Judge Stephens will hear Oral Argument on the State's Objection to Defendant's Motion for Mistrial for Prosecutorial Misconduct during Cross of Geffner, filed on January 25th. { *** Defense motion requesting a mistrial based on prosecutor disclosing mitigation witness name in open court, revealing the name of corroborating witness & accusing Dr. Geffner of "smearing" the victim***} .....
Arguments will be heard on said motion, Tuesday, February 17th at 8:30 am.

RE: End is Near Hopefully - duluth45 - 02-16-2015

(02-15-2015, 11:44 PM)NERN Wrote:  Duluth, it doesn't sound like a DVD or VCR was taken if you go by the report.

You and I are in total agreement about Nancy Grace - on all points.
There are people out there who like her tactics on the show and there are enough of them to keep her on the air. She has been around for some time making a name for herself and obviously the ratings for her show are high enough to keep her around.
For me, that says a lot about HLN and it ain't good.

I also would get almost sick to my stomach at Nancy after treating everybody like they were the dirt under her feet and being rude and mean to even her own people, when at the end of the program, someone would call in and tell her how they worship her and she would speak very softly and say thank you very ladylike. Disgusting. Extremely bad behavior. Probably there is something wrong with the people who do watch her show. It reminds me of people who are pro-Arias in a way.

Can you read the report, Nern? I can't open it because it says no content. What I am now wondering is where did I hear about a DVD player or a VCR player being one of the stolen objects from the grandparents' home? I did hear about this being stolen but I don't think it was in the trial and only remember Juan asking about Arias bringing the remote control back to Daryl's house hours after she had been at his house to get the gas cans and have breakfast with Daryl and his son. I have googled and can't come up with a report. Dang it!!! Nern, if you can read the report, would you reply to me and tell me the items that were listed as stolen, please? I hate to second-guess myself so often on the evidence. But all this time, I have believed there was either a DVD player or VCR player taken and I have believed that she gave such item to Daryl. Where did I hear this? Lunarscope? Do you know? Help me!

RE: End is Near Hopefully - NERN - 02-16-2015

Here is the report Duluth......

And....I think those who absolutely adore Nancy Grace are people who are similar to her in many ways. By watching her, it validates them!

Re: Jodi Arias--BIOLOGY OF THE DEFENSE CASE
Post by Freckles on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:59 pm
This is my retyping the police report from the Allen home where JA had been in residence:

#JodiArias EXCLUSIVE the actual paper POLICE REPORT Grandpa Stolen items May 28, 2008 .25 caliper GUN & other ITEMS sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/5…
— chris stark (@stark3923) March 23, 2013

From the report:
Items 1-4 have a dollar value assigned.
Note: These items do not add up to even a thousand dollars.
IMO, this is suspcious so much trouble to steal so little.

From the report, second page:

"Carlito ? Allen then informed me that a .25 caliber automatice pistol was missing from a dresser in his bedroom. Carlton ? Allen described the pistol as being 3" to 4" long and 3" to 4" tall, black with a black grip. He stated it also had a fully loaded magazine, with seven rounds of jacketed hollow points, that was alos taken with the gun. Carlton Allen did not know the serial number for the gun or the brand of the gun. He did state that the gun was originally owned by his cousin Norman Blowers ?.
When Blowers died, the gun was given to Carlton Allen. The gun was not registered and Carlton Allen stated it was quite old.

Caroline Allen stated that his granddaughter had been at the residence when she and Carlton Allen had left at approximately 1000 hours. She stated she did not know when he granddaughter had left the residence and she had placed a telephone call to her granddaughter. She said her granddaughter was enroute to the residence at that time.

I asked the Allens' to not disturb any objects in the house as I would most likely be attepting to take fingerprints.

I then sealed the residence to examie the side door that had been forcibly broken.
The door was a normal size door without a doorknob that had been broken from the inside using a bar -?- . There was a dirty scuff mark just under where the doorstop should have been that appeared to be a footprint. It was raining outside and mud present just outside the side door . However, it was raining very hard and there were no footprints I could see outside on the ground.

Caroline Allen's granddaughter then arrived at the scene. Her granddaughter's name was Jodi Ann Arias, DOB 7-09-80. At that time, Officer Dircksen also arrived at the residence and searched the property for any investigative evidence. He did not find any evidence or the stolen property.

While Officer Dirksen searched the property, I spoke with Arias. Arias stated she had left the residence at approcimately 1300 hours and that she had made certain all the doors and windows were locked when she left. Arias then examined her bedroom at the residence and found that a $20.00 bill and a $10.00 bill were missing that had been on her dresser.

As I examined the house, I found that numerous dresser drawers and doors had been opened. It appeared thaat the suspect(s) had searched through numerous areas, but had not stolen anything else.

Officer Belmont then arrived and attemped to life the footprints from several different areas in the residence.

I then searched the outside of the residence and did not find any investigative evidence. "

Way to go Duluth! You were right! Big Grin

The following was from...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/14/jodi-arias-trial_n_2473798.html

"The video was admitted into evidence by the state after prosecutors called Kevin Friedman, a police officer with the Yreka, Calif. Police Department to the stand. Friedman had investigated the reported theft of a .25 caliber gun, $30 in cash, a stereo and a DVD player from Arias' grandparents on May 28, 2008."

(02-16-2015, 05:45 PM)NERN Wrote:  Here is the report Duluth......

And....I think those who absolutely adore Nancy Grace are people who are similar to her in many ways. By watching her, it validates them!

Re: Jodi Arias--BIOLOGY OF THE DEFENSE CASE
Post by Freckles on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:59 pm
This is my retyping the police report from the Allen home where JA had been in residence:

#JodiArias EXCLUSIVE the actual paper POLICE REPORT Grandpa Stolen items May 28, 2008 .25 caliper GUN & other ITEMS sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/5…
— chris stark (@stark3923) March 23, 2013

From the report:
Items 1-4 have a dollar value assigned.
Note: These items do not add up to even a thousand dollars.
IMO, this is suspcious so much trouble to steal so little.

From the report, second page:

"Carlito ? Allen then informed me that a .25 caliber automatice pistol was missing from a dresser in his bedroom. Carlton ? Allen described the pistol as being 3" to 4" long and 3" to 4" tall, black with a black grip. He stated it also had a fully loaded magazine, with seven rounds of jacketed hollow points, that was alos taken with the gun. Carlton Allen did not know the serial number for the gun or the brand of the gun. He did state that the gun was originally owned by his cousin Norman Blowers ?.
When Blowers died, the gun was given to Carlton Allen. The gun was not registered and Carlton Allen stated it was quite old.

Caroline Allen stated that his granddaughter had been at the residence when she and Carlton Allen had left at approximately 1000 hours. She stated she did not know when he granddaughter had left the residence and she had placed a telephone call to her granddaughter. She said her granddaughter was enroute to the residence at that time.

I asked the Allens' to not disturb any objects in the house as I would most likely be attepting to take fingerprints.

I then sealed the residence to examie the side door that had been forcibly broken.
The door was a normal size door without a doorknob that had been broken from the inside using a bar -?- . There was a dirty scuff mark just under where the doorstop should have been that appeared to be a footprint. It was raining outside and mud present just outside the side door . However, it was raining very hard and there were no footprints I could see outside on the ground.

Caroline Allen's granddaughter then arrived at the scene. Her granddaughter's name was Jodi Ann Arias, DOB 7-09-80. At that time, Officer Dircksen also arrived at the residence and searched the property for any investigative evidence. He did not find any evidence or the stolen property.

While Officer Dirksen searched the property, I spoke with Arias. Arias stated she had left the residence at approcimately 1300 hours and that she had made certain all the doors and windows were locked when she left. Arias then examined her bedroom at the residence and found that a $20.00 bill and a $10.00 bill were missing that had been on her dresser.

As I examined the house, I found that numerous dresser drawers and doors had been opened. It appeared thaat the suspect(s) had searched through numerous areas, but had not stolen anything else.

Officer Belmont then arrived and attemped to life the footprints from several different areas in the residence.

I then searched the outside of the residence and did not find any investigative evidence. "

Way to go Duluth! You were right!  Big Grin

The following was from...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/14/jodi-arias-trial_n_2473798.html

"The video was admitted into evidence by the state after prosecutors called Kevin Friedman, a police officer with the Yreka, Calif. Police Department to the stand. Friedman had investigated the reported theft of a .25 caliber gun, $30 in cash, a stereo and a DVD player from Arias' grandparents on May 28, 2008."

Nern, thank you so much. You have no idea. I knew there was something about a DVD player but then I started second-guessing myself because I could not find anything when I googled. Do you know what I mean? I got to wondering if I was making things up in my mind. So. My question is (and I know it doesn't matter now but I have wondered about this from the beginning) what would be Juan's reasoning for not addressing this DVD player more thoroughly with Daryl? I would think this would just be more evidence of Arias doing the burglary. I personally would have liked to see Juan smack Daryl with being a liar (which I suspect he is - to "protect" Arias, why, who knows) just like I would have loved seeing Matt McCartney on the stand have to admit about the forged letter. I know the prosecutor can't bring in much of the evidence because of the so-called rights of the defendant, but to me, evidence is evidence. I find that in this excuse for a trial so much is not allowed in by one side, while the other side gets to bring in as much unproven lies as they want. I guess our way of justice is supposed to be fair but sometimes it seems unfair towards the victim. I hope I will never get interested in another trial again although there has been a gang-related murder (possibly two murders) here where I live and if it does come to a jury trial, I will be attending it. We knew the murdered young man when he was a child and we know the grandparents who raised him until his worthless mother came back into town and he chose to go with her and as a teenager became no good. It is so sad. I have seen this before with children whose mother/parents abandon them and neglect them. The child often seems to think the worthless parents is somehow wonderful. A man told me once that that is the most simple thing in the world - that we always want what we can't have. I think he is right. In this particular case, the grandparents are wonderful, kind, caring people.
Oh, well. This is how it is too often. I shouldn't have gone on about this, forgive me. And thank you again for the DVD thing!!!!!

I find it difficult to read Christine Beswick's articles on Examiner.com because she repeats what I have already read a million times and discusses what the Jodi Arias nutcases say as if they are credible.

However, she does sometimes include a video that I hadn't seen. I watched the video this week of Phil Houston, CIA expert on deception, analyzing clips of Jodi Arias interview with Troy Hayden minutes after the guilty verdict of first degree murder came down. I agreed with what he had to say.

http://www.examiner.com/article/jodi-arias-trial-state-rests-its-case-deceptions-abound-as-verdict-draws-nigh

No problem Duluth. I searched Google and it took a while but you got my interest perked up.

I think that Darryl was not called so that Martinez could not question him.
Darryl was following his libido with Arias and got sucked into her world. That is not something he cares to admit to anyone.
If questioned by Martinez, he would have had to admit that life with Arias was not all wine and roses.
If Arias had $12,000 saved, I believe Darryl took advantage of that to get their house. But he was a negligent as Arias in paying the mortgage or else it would have not been foreclosed.
For him, she was a pretty young thing that made him feel good having her on his arm and in his bed.
I think that he began seeing that she was not what she appeared to be and used his son as the excuse to get out of the relationship.

I am sorry to hear about the case where you live. Very disturbing especially when you know the people involved.
You are right, we always want what we cannot have.

For me, this is the first and last trial that I plan to follow. My interest remains in crime but I am OK with watching shows on TV and reading. I can do it at my leisure. This trial has consumed enough of my time.

(02-16-2015, 07:08 PM)Observer Wrote:  I find it difficult to read Christine Beswick's articles on Examiner.com because she repeats what I have already read a million times and discusses what the Jodi Arias nutcases say as if they are credible.

However, she does sometimes include a video that I hadn't seen. I watched the video this week of Phil Houston, CIA expert on deception, analyzing clips of Jodi Arias interview with Troy Hayden minutes after the guilty verdict of first degree murder came down. I agreed with what he had to say.  

http://www.examiner.com/article/jodi-arias-trial-state-rests-its-case-deceptions-abound-as-verdict-draws-nigh

Observer, I always enjoy the so-called experts like this take on these things about deception. I think this man knows what he is talking about with her. I bet it is an interesting study to learn how to tell if someone is lying or deceptive. Some people can do it with no training, but not me, although I know Arias lies almost all of the time. If you go to the next clip, you will see Arias doing her sell to the jury of her Tshirt and that other couple we saw the other day speak of that. I actually liked what he had to say this time. You know, the Tshirt thing in her allocution is mind-boggling, isn't it? I almost fell out of my chair when it happened. It was so disgusting. I am very curious what she will do this time around if she does allocute. I know I am misspelling the word. Would somebody tell me the correct spelling of allocute? I must be getting demented.

(02-16-2015, 07:43 PM)duluth45 Wrote:  
(02-16-2015, 07:08 PM)Observer Wrote:  I find it difficult to read Christine Beswick's articles on Examiner.com because she repeats what I have already read a million times and discusses what the Jodi Arias nutcases say as if they are credible.

Observer, I always enjoy the so-called experts like this take on these things about deception.  I think this man knows what he is talking about with her.  I bet it is an interesting study to learn how to tell if someone is lying or deceptive.  Some people can do it with no training, but not me, although I know Arias lies almost all of the time.  If you go to the next clip, you will see Arias doing her sell to the jury of her Tshirt and that other couple we saw the other day speak of that.  I actually liked what he had to say this time.  You know, the Tshirt thing in her allocution is mind-boggling, isn't it?  I almost fell out of my chair when it happened.  It was so disgusting.  I am very curious what she will do this time around if she does allocute.  I know I am misspelling the word.  Would somebody tell me the correct spelling of allocute?  I must be getting demented.

I couldn't tell which clip you were talking about with the t shirt allocution. The only other clip that I watched was the one on top right of the body language expert on Nancy Grace where Grace and Jean Cesarez have the female body language expert analyze Arias's body language while she is on the stand. I enjoyed watching the clips to see how deceptive and robotlike Arias is as she lies on the stand. The body language expert said she doesn't believe Alexander ever body slammed Jodi Arias because her body language does not read "body slam." She said when a person tells a true story they relive the experience so you can see the body slam, you can see her protecting herself. There was none of that. They also show how her body language changes from questioning under Nurmi to cross under Martinez. She goes from being prim and proper to her defenses and claws are out.

I personally like these recaps by the Examiner. Although we have discussed it over and over, we only do so with the limited tweets and posts from others. The Examiner puts it together in a concise way that is easy to understand and summarizes the week's events. I like this.
-------------------------------------------
The following is an excerpt that I thought was very compelling and agree with.

This is Nurmi asking DeMarte.....

“Don’t you think an appellate court will find your testimony DV [domestic violence] questionable?”

If there is any one thing that Nurmi has said over the last few days that suggest even he knows he has lost, it is this statement. He is not asking Dr. DeMarte if she thinks the current jury will find her testimony questionable. He is asking if an “appellate court” will.

This suggests that Nurmi knows Dr. DeMarte’s testimony is going to be a slam dunk with the jury. It also shows that he is already thinking of when he will be taking this matter to the “appellate court” to try and discredit her. That suggests that even Kirk Nurmi believes his client will be getting the death penalty."

I also thought this following excerpt was excellent.....

"Is Jodi a skilled liar? Is she successfully deceiving anybody? Does lying frequently make one a good liar? Or just a frequent liar? One court watcher that has seen this video commented on the difference between the two, noting that a good liar would be a believable one, and Jodi does not seem to have succeeded in that area.

“She's repeatedly titled a gifted or skilled liar, but she is not. She is a persistent liar, but never a successful one. From Flores to Martinez, every lie has been blown wide open and rather easily.”
-----------------------------------------------
For me, it is excerpts like these that I like in the Examiner's recap. I can skim over the details that we have already heard but I look forward to comments like these to ponder over.

I found a clip from Jodi Arias last allocution:

https://tv.yahoo.com/video/jodi-arias-full-statement-jury-204640014-cbs.html

What struck me the most was how she spoke in a professional tone as if she was a businesswoman giving a speech after dinner. The speech was all about the Great Jodi Arias who was a cute child, a doting big sister, a daughter who mended fences with her father after moving out, a girlfriend who doted on her boyfriend's son and attended his birthday party at Chuck E Cheese and went hiking with him and his father, a sister who will never go to her sister's wedding or hold her nieces, a talented artist who will never create another oil painting, the caring person who donated her hair to cancer patients, an avid reader who can help the illiterate if she is put in general population, a great friend, a woman who will never be a bride or mother, etc. etc.

And she has pictures to prove what a wonderful life she had until she made "the worst mistake of my life." It is bad enough that she may see butchering Travis Alexander as "a mistake" but I think the real mistake she is referring to is meeting Travis Alexander because she blame his murder on him. If she had never met him, he could never cheat on her, reject her and move on to marry someone else and force her to drive 1,000 miles with a knife and gun to make him suffer, regret he ever crossed her and dispatch him to hell. Her saying, "This happened because of our sexual transgressions. I wonder what Travis is going through now" after she murdered him indicates to me that she believed he was burning in hell because he had sex with her and died before he had a chance to repent.

It was all a pity party for all the things she is going to miss out on.

What about what Travis Alexander and the world are missing out on for her slaughtering him?

I was especially disgusted that she found it necessary to say that she never wanted all these horrible things to come out about Travis Alexander and she never wanted to go to trial. Again deflecting the blame on the state and the Alexander family for not taking her plea and letting her walk in eight years or less.

Here's also some of the inappropriate comments she made.

"Before that day, I would not even harm a spider."

"For that I am going to be sorry for the rest of my life."

"My family has suffered a great loss."

"Stephen doesn't want to see his murderer. If I get life, he won't have to."

"I can't in good consciousness ask you to sentence me to death."

"I want everyone's healing to begin and everyone's pain to stop."