The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 451 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 356 session->update_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 33 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Crime & Trial Discussion Forums
End is Near Hopefully - Printable Version

+- Crime & Trial Discussion Forums (http://kristinarandle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Crimes and Trials (http://kristinarandle.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Jodi Arias Trial (http://kristinarandle.com/forum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: End is Near Hopefully (/thread-1.html)

RE: End is Near Hopefully - Lunarscope - 02-26-2015

Nern not disagreeing, just mentioning Texas uses the DP to reduce costs of imprisonment' their is overpopulation and overcrowding becomes an issue when housing becomes more and more prisons needed.

The US has the world's largest population behind bars and leads in life sentences as well, at a rate of 50 people per 100,000 residents imprisoned for life. = 1 lifer for every 20,000 citizens, and cost of imprisonment can be researched!

The 20 year delay for a DP creates a victim family preference for the state to manage housing of the convict!

I believe the DP should be abolished when a viable solutions created but War is a death penalty in it of itself!

RE: End is Near Hopefully - VW Vixen - 02-26-2015

Hi NERN, thanks for the welcome Smile

I think this case is fascinating for many reasons and will be discussed for a long time. I wish I had found you all sooner. It's nice to have a place where all the madness can be discussed.

The article you posted is good and personally I think the DP is not the best way to deal with criminal behavior, for the most part. The cost to the taxpayers is huge and the idea that an innocent could be put to death is heavy. JA certainly does not fit in that category. If it wasn't for the Alexander family and their desire for the DP, I would be fine with LWOP. I just fear that JA is so manipulative that the farther she is from anyone, prisoners included, the better for all.

(02-26-2015, 04:33 AM)NERN Wrote:  If their judgment is life, then the second part of the sentence falls to Judge Stephens to decide. .... At that time the judge will decide if Arias will be sentenced to life in prison or life in prison with the possibility of parole after 25 years. It will not be Judge Stephens' decision whether Arias will eventually get released on parole.

If it does go to JSS this way or because of a hung jury, what do you think she would rule?

I think she would go with LWOP. She has seen everything in the case, including how JA has acted in front of the jury and when the jury is not present. Not good for JA, IMO. I don't know that JA even thought about the fact that it might be JSS who decides her fate. JA only seemed to play to the jury but not the entire court.

VW Jodi worked at Big Sur near Monterey, near Salinas which are near to Matt. Darryl and that Guy Guy, plus another claimed to lend her money' who lived in the town Margaretaville bar is located, Jimmy Buffet owns Margarettaville bars (I went to one in Key West Florida) even the Walmart and Bank of America where she made 3 deposits were all in close vicinity, only Pasadena is far south, I lived in California and highway driving rules' their are few passes over the Mountain ranges, it limits drivable options, Jodi knew well the area that she had her drivers licences address and that's where she did all the premeditated things.

VW and Nern correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all future appeals fall on JSS's table, and if a higher court overrules a refusal to grant a appeal by JSS then JSS has to accept the appeal as the deciding Judge, or Jodi is married to JSS as Judge verses Slaughterer as long as JSS holds her position/robe!

So she is taking a trip even though she needs to borrow money from Guy and Darryl? I would be so skeeved out if I had lent money to someone who used it to murder someone and yet those 2 defend her. Frightening.

I guess it's the Pasadena part that makes it so obvious. Pasadena is basically even with Mesa, southern wise. I get what you are saying about mountain ranges posing a problem with travel due to snow conditions. IDK what those would be like in the first part of June.

RE: End is Near Hopefully - Observer - 02-26-2015

(02-26-2015, 02:32 AM)VW Vixen Wrote:  Newbie here.

What is really striking is looking on a map of the trip she took "to visit Ryan Byrnes". If that was the purpose of the trip, she would have driven east not south. She basically drove south the entire length of California! From Yreka, a trip to Salt Lake City is approx. 745 miles to the east. From Redding, where she rented the car, Mapquest shows it as an 806 mile trip that goes nowhere near AZ.

She claims she has very little funds to take a trip yet she chooses to drive from Redding to Pasadena which is over 540 miles south. From Pasadena, the trip to SLC is almost 680 miles and again, this trip does not go into AZ at all.

This seals the deal, in my eyes. Premeditated and planned out.  IDK if Juan Martinez ever showed the jury a map of her travels. If not, he should have. It is shocking for those who have trouble visualizing the route she took on the trip. It shows that her trip to see her alibi was exactly that. An alibi.

Welcome VWVixen. You're absolutely correct. Her whole trip was an alibi. She went to see all of her ex boyfriends except for Bobby Juarez. She went to see Daryl to borrow the gas cans and so that he could say if the police questioned him, "Jodi could not have killed Travis because she was visiting my son and me and then she was going to Utah to visit her new boyfriend Ryan Byrnes." She went to see Matthew McCartney so he and his roommate could say: "Jodi was nowhere near Mesa so she couldn't have killed Travis. She stayed the night with us." She went to see Ryan Byrnes so he could say Jodi couldn't have killed Travis because she was with me." She thought he would be so enamored with her that he wouldn't tell the cops she was off the grid for 20 hours.

Arias told Flores that she didn't kill Travis Alexander because "I have a lot of ex boyfriends and none of them are dead." Nurmi even used that in his closing by saying Travis Alexander had to cause his own death because she didn't kill Bobby, Matt and Daryl.

Visiting Daryl and Matt on her way to see Ryan was all part of her plan. Use ex boyfriends as alibis, keep a box of receipts of everything she bought on the trip to prove she was never in Arizona and if fingerprints or hair are found in Travis Alexander's house, she could say as she did, "Of course, my hair and fingerprints are there. I cleaned his house and slept with him." But where they got her was that her palm print was in blood of Travis and her and her hair was stuck in the drain under his body in the shower. Plus pictures of her and him are on the camera time stamped and so her whole carefully calculated alibi trip went up in smoke.

What it turned out to be was her last weekend with her exes - Daryl, Matt and Alexander and her last grinding and makeout session with Ryan and any other guys because three weeks after the murder she was arrested and thrown in the Yreka jail and two months later she was extradited to Phoenix to the Estrella jail.

Troy Hayden said Estrella officials told him she would go straight from the courthouse to Perryville if she was sentenced to death and to Perryville a day or two later if she was sentenced to life.

Gigantic mountain ranges, It is quicker to take a 100 mile detour than crossover, Were talking the rocky mountains and others, think of the Napa valley 400 miles north to south with 100 miles wide east to west with Gigantic mountains on each side, Interstate 5 or 15 are the only ways' with a northern passage near Yreka, I suspect that Jodi wanted a white rental car to be less conspicuous due to drug running' but I have nothing to support that assumption, she got money to deposit somehow, but her former boyfriends would not have lent her money! Daryll bought her stolen DVD player according to Martinez, but she owed him money for the house = foreclosed bankruptcy!

The friend who claimed to lend Jodi money wasn't in court just on news shows, Jodi didn't claim to be broke, she was without a job and owed her parents money but she had travel money' her bank deposit moneys were not used on the roadtrip, so she had plenty, maybe some of Travis's but that's just a wild guess!

Thanks for the welcome, Observer!

It IS obvious that the whole trip was planned out as an alibi. She really thought she was smart. LOL! I'm betting she even knew where she would toss the gun before she ever left on the trip. And the GUN... Steal grandpa's gun just days before you plan to use it to kill your ex. Not smart. Seriously, they have had how many years to find that gun. The gun that could prove that it was not her grandfathers. I would have my minions out looking day and night for that thing if it might keep me off death row.

It's all so asinine! The skateboarders. Climbing up on resting shelves for a gun with Travis right behind her. Is she claiming he did not see her grab it even though he was right behind her? The Fog.... It's all so stupid.

I have said before that if I had been on the jury, I would have given mitigating factors a consideration if she had told the truth. That she was mad about putting out for Travis and it not working to win him over. That she felt used and taken advantage of. (I don't agree, as I feel she was the user) It's all the dang lies that makes me so angry. People don't like to be lied to. But I guess that is all JA is, a total liar. It;s doubtful she will ever tell the truth.

Yes! The DVD player. Why wasn't that brought up? Her grandparents didn't recognize that Daryl had their DVD player that was 'stolen'?

I live in Washington State, just on the other side of the Columbia from Portland, OR. Driving to the coast from here requires going over mountain range and I have seen snow at unexpected times. In May of last year I took a road trip from here to Utah, oddly enough. I was to visit several National Parks. On one leg of the trip I was driving from Goblin Valley to Zion National Park. I had it all mapped out on how to get there but somewhere deep into the trip I was hit with a unusual snow storm and actually had to turn around because my car could not make it up a portion where the snow had become quite thick. It was just an oddball storm that ended up adding several hours to my trip. I was not pleased nor amused... lol

RE: End is Near Hopefully - Observer - 02-26-2015

Vixen, it would do no good to find the gun because her grandfather couldn't identify it. He said it was an antique, he didn't know the serial numbers or the brand of gun and it wasn't registered to him. Arias couldn't find the gun again even if she wanted to. It's probably at the bottom of Hoover Dam or somewhere out there in the desert and there are no markers, just cactus and Mesquite for miles. The gun would put her on death row, not save her. Plus, she would get a second charge of burglary.

Martinez couldn't bring up in court that the DVD player Arias gave Daryl was stolen from her grandfather's house unless they had serial numbers and her grandfather identified it. I think Arias was the only one who mentioned the DVD player and she is a big liar. Daryl never turned it over to the cops. Her grandfather lived clear across the state from Daryl. He wouldn't know if he had a DVD player.

Jodi left Mesa heading for Salt Lake City and that requires road by the Hoover Dam, (across the dam is Navada) for 30 miles Arizona again must be entered and exited from Nevada its just that way.

100 miles before the dam Jodi had to take all remaining gas from cans in her trunk and supply her cars fuel tank, Jodi was down to E when she fuels her car at (the second) entering Nevada border.

So Jodi fuels cars fuel tank with gas from cans in trunk, making phone call to Travis and others, plus said she got water from her cars trunk, this is in Arizona 100 miles before the dam, her phone signal couldn't be triangulated because only one phone tower was supplying signal. theirs a back road to hoover dams spillway, an airport and boat rental store + other things, but that's desert road if about 30 miles deserted, its Temple Bar Road and I bet the knife, gun and bloody clothes with missing carmats are were ditched there! She 100% had to fuel cars tank at that timeframe' because of possibility of cars tank going empty' for reference Jodi left Pasadena with 15 gallons in cars trunk and a full tank of gas, used cars tank and 10 gallons to get to 100 miles from hoover dam area where she admitted stopping for water from her cars trunk = bottled water!

The remote for the DVD player was discussed by Martinez in the first trial, as was items stolen with the gun' only the jury couldn't be told the posable connection because its a unproven!

Wow! You two really know your stuff! Love it!

I was not aware that the gun was an antique. If the gun was found I would think that would make it easier to ID, as it would be more rare but I agree that that would make it impossible to absolutely be connected to her. You are probably correct that the gun is probably at the bottom of Hoover Dam. I have thought that all along yet JA says she tossed it in the desert somewhere. Likely she knows precisely where all that evidence is and that it will never be found.

That camera. It really did her in. Shocking that she left it there. I read somewhere where someone suggested that maybe she accidentally left it behind. That somehow it got wrapped up with the bed linens and put in the washer that way. Interesting theory because it does seem insane to leave that camera there.

I suppose the gas cans could make sense if one is travelling unknown roads but I thought it was odd simply because gas smells so strongly. She has filled gas cans in the trunk along with her clothing (eeew!) and her drinking water (eeew, again!). Jodi seems quite vain and it's hard to imagine that she would want to wear clothes that reeked of gas.