The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 451 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 356 session->update_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 33 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Crime & Trial Discussion Forums
End is Near Hopefully - Printable Version

+- Crime & Trial Discussion Forums (http://kristinarandle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Crimes and Trials (http://kristinarandle.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Jodi Arias Trial (http://kristinarandle.com/forum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: End is Near Hopefully (/thread-1.html)

RE: End is Near Hopefully - Lunarscope - 02-26-2015

(02-26-2015, 06:48 AM)VW Vixen Wrote:  Wow! You two really know your stuff! Love it!

I was not aware that the gun was an antique. If the gun was found I would think that would make it easier to ID, as it would be more rare but I agree that that would make it impossible to absolutely be connected to her. You are probably correct that the gun is probably at the bottom of Hoover Dam. I have thought that all along yet JA says she tossed it in the desert somewhere. Likely she knows precisely where all that evidence is and that it will never be found.

That camera. It really did her in. Shocking that she left it there. I read somewhere where someone suggested that maybe she accidentally left it behind. That somehow it got wrapped up with the bed linens and put in the washer that way. Interesting theory because it does seem insane to leave that camera there.

I suppose the gas cans could make sense if one is travelling unknown roads but I thought it was odd simply because gas smells so strongly. She has filled gas cans in the trunk along with her clothing (eeew!) and her drinking water (eeew, again!). Jodi seems quite vain and it's hard to imagine that she would want to wear clothes that reeked of gas.
Bullet had six or seven rifling scrapes and scars, id-able, I did research on the gas' over 200 sticks worth of dynamite was traveling on roadways and thru tunnels, theirs no reasonability to haul over 1/2 a gallon, ever, she paid California price for the gas but if she paid Nevada gas price just the weight in her trunk cost her fuel, California gas is environmentally at least $.10 more per gallon' for pollution additives!

Anyone that has ever poured gas into anything knows the gas can gets heavy and becomes shakey - Jodi was using 5 gallon cans, that's heavy, she was unable to pour into a cars tank without a pump, in cars hot trunk combustion presents a substantial danger!

RE: End is Near Hopefully - VW Vixen - 02-26-2015

Great point about the weight of the gas negating any potential price difference per gallon.

I am curious about your thoughts regarding the order the wounds were inflicted on Travis. I know the Prosecution says that the gun shot was last but I'm not sure about that. I tend to believe that the gun shot was first. That JA really did want to keep it as simple and easy as possible. Knowing that the gun was an antique makes it even more plausible that the gun shot was first.

My own hypothesis on what happened was that JA got Travis to sit in the shower and pulled out the gun and pointed it at him. His reaction would be to turn his face away from the gun and that is how the bullet went in above his right eye and traveled down into his left cheek. I believe the bullet missed his brain but tore up his nasal cavity and blood gushed from his nose. Gun jams so JA cannot fire again. Did she bring the knife to the bedroom or did she have to go get it from the kitchen? Either way, she must fetch it from where ever it is. Travis is dazed in the shower and gets up and moves to the sink to see the damage. Jodi returns and starts to stab his back while he is at the sink. Travis is still very out of it and it takes a bit for him to realize he is being attacked from behind. He turns to face her and this is where he gets the stab wound to the heart. He is freaking out. Spitting blood, crying, screaming and he is dying. He makes an attempt to flee her down the hall but the wound to his heart is too much. He slides along the wall to the floor where he lay dying. JA is pumped full of adrenaline and just wants it to be done. Travis is making a lot of gruesome noises as he lay there dying and JA wants it to stop. This is when she slits his throat. It was to get him to shut up quickly.

I was a bit bothered by Dr. Horn changing his testimony and his report. I actually think he lied and I really hate saying that. Why was the Prosecution so insistent that the gun shot was last?

Here I go' the bullet went thru brain tissue = projectile = gasses and shock waves' their was no bleeding in the bullets trackway, so gunshot was after death, Travis could not have been shot and then have defensive wounds or make it to sink or hallway!

The neck slicing was reported by DR. Horn as slicing or sawing, I will explain' but if you go back a few pages I put a utube link to the Aggravation phase of trial that explains.

The heart stab was a heart attack that eliminates defensive wounds plus travel to sink and hallway!

So the Neck slicing had to happen somehow, My take is Travis stood in shower doorway with his back to jodi and she made one neck slice, then he coughs blood at sink, into hallway before carpeting' all the attacking and the heart stab, drags him to shower and slices his neck again, shoots him dead!

I don't believe Dr. Horn lied or misspoke, Jodi related gunshot first and Flores got confused, go back a few pages (maybe 10 pages) and click on the utube video, Dr. Horn exacts his words without elaboration or offering ideas, its professionalism!

Note blood stain on carpet wasn't in my opinion from Travis neck being sliced there, and heart stab required aim and force' I put Travis on his back on floor with Jodi somewhat sitting on him!

Hmmm... interesting.

IDK too much about the bleeding in the bullet trajectory and wonder how much biological evidence was lost or ruined due to the amount of time that passed before Travis was discovered. The autopsy photos seem to show that blood did come out of Travis's nose. This could be due to the stab to the heart, I suppose. There was talk that the gun shot was last because the bullet casing was found on top of a dried pool of blood. There was massive chaos happening in that bathroom/hallway area and the casing could have easily been kicked or washed into the spot where it was ultimately found.

I'll go look for the video link you posted.

It just seems that JA knew she would not win in a physical confrontation with Travis and that her best bet would be to make is as simple as possible. Gun is much simpler and easier than a knife attack. But maybe it was more about making him suffer than it was to make him dead. Hard to know what really was going on in her mind.

The gun was super small and its small bullet is unlikely to kill, I believe Jodi put the gun to Travis forehead with a barrier also used as a muffle, shot an inch away, no burns called stippling due to barrier. Dr. Horn relates the possibility' but that was in the main trials testimony!

Guess no matter the way it happened, the result was horrific!! It's so obvious that this was a rage filled crime and not about getting someone to 'stop'.

I'm glad that the case is now in the hands of yet another jury for the final time. Also glad that she was not able to get away with this crime. I feel so bad for the Alexander family. The better side of a decade they have been living this nightmare. While their pain and loss with never go away, at least JA will be going away for the rest of her life (fingers crossed).

Sorry to make you repeat things you have said already. Being a late arrival, it is a little hard to look through all the pages of posts, When I do, I want to respond to posts made a month ago. lol ! Though this forum is much less overwhelming than one called Web Sleuths. Huge amount of info there, but where to begin..?

I don't mind repeating but fear that I am Rearguing my perspective, that can become uncomfortable for others who may disagree.

I don't Facebook or Twitter but do read Websleuths, I only post here and on Just Da Truth Yuku (= closed forum) and I've only been here for weeks, JDT has Facebook and Twitter discussions that allows opposing viewpoints, I recommend finding his discussions!

I also recommend web searching 'Just Da Truth / Jodi Arias' to read his blogger posts, we once had commenting there' but JII trolls forced JDT to disable by deleting comments, he has great articles and he seldom visits the Just Da Truth Yuku board, that has orderly information better than Websleuths!

On the bullet casing' the casing didn't wash to rest there, it was shiny clean on top, I think Jodi shot Travis nearby the shower whereas most think nearby the sink, its mostly irreverent, excepting that Travis was already bloodless!

RE: End is Near Hopefully - Observer - 02-26-2015

This ABC news story shows that being female, young, with mental problems, no police record or being abused can't save you from death row when you commit a cruel, heinous crime:

When Tiffany Cole and Emilia Carr walk down the hall in Florida’s Lowell Correctional Institution for Women together, they seem more like smiling girlfriends than convicted felons sitting on death row.

Cole is now 33, and Carr is now 30. Carr is the youngest woman in the United States sitting on death row, and Cole is the third youngest. The two women are behind bars for committing two separate crimes, and they had separate lives until they arrived as neighbors on the famous death row corridor at the women’s correctional facility in Ocala, Florida.

Prior to their incarcerations, neither had ever spent a night in jail, they said. Cole played the flute in high school, and participated in cheerleading and Girl Scouts. Carr was book smart and modeled, she said, and was in the school Marines, which was her high school's Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) program.

Both said they were sexually abused and got into trouble after they met the “wrong people.”

“[I was] looking for love in all the wrong places,” Cole said.

When she was 25 years old, Cole was convicted on murder charges after being connected to the death of her family’s neighbors, Reggie and Carol Sumner, who suffocated to death from dirt in their lungs when they were buried alive. She has acknowledged she helped dig a grave, but said she thought it would be to hide the items that she, her boyfriend, a guy she had known for three weeks and two of his friends had stolen from their victims. A psychiatrist at Cole’s trial said she suffered from mental problems and had a history of drug and alcohol abuse.

Carr was 26 years old and eight months pregnant with her boyfriend’s child when they were both convicted of suffocating his wife with duct tape and a plastic bag. Carr argued she left the scene before the woman was killed.

“Wouldn’t there have been physical evidence? I mean, duct tape is some sticky stuff, yet there’s no finger prints, no DNA, no hair,” Carr said.

But there is video of Carr being interviewing by police, recorded after her boyfriend confessed and implicated her in the crime. On the tape, Carr is heard telling an officer that the boyfriend asked her to “try to snap her neck,” and then Carr says, “I didn’t really try.”

She was convicted of capital murder and given the death penalty, which she is in the process of appealing.

Legal experts say the average appeals process takes 10 to 12 years for death row inmates. Carr has been on death row for four years, while Cole has been on death row for seven years.

Both women are reluctant to give details about their cases under appeal, but both insist the murders they were convicted of were done at the hand of their boyfriends, not them. Both say they are not arguing for their release, just for their lives, to have their executions stayed.

Both refuse to believe they will be executed.

RE: End is Near Hopefully - NERN - 02-26-2015

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/a-preview-of-prison-life-for-jodi-arias

The most disturbing thing out of this article is that Sheriff Joe could reconsider letting Arias have media access if she is sentenced to LWOP and goes back to the jail for a few days.
Arias waived her right to speak and if Sheriff Joe grants an interview, it is for his benefit only. It puts him back "on the case" for one last time and feeds her/his ego.
This should not be allowed at all!

"PHOENIX - The verdict for Jodi Arias' sentence will result in a lot of quick decisions.

The first is where the driver of her transport vehicle will go from the courthouse. If she gets a death sentence she'll immediately be driven to the Lumley Unit of Perryville prison in the west Valley.

If Arias gets a life sentence, it would be at least 48 hours before she's transported from the Estrella Women's Jail where she’s currently housed to Perryville prison.

That also means Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio will still have custody of Arias and gets to make the call if she can do any media interviews right after the verdict. So far, Arpaio has denied Arias any more media visits, but ABC15 has learned he might reconsider.

Arias also has to authorize one person to pick up her personal belongings from the Estrella Jail that she’s collected during her years there.

Once at Perryville, her final home will a six-by-eight-foot cell regardless of the verdict. Former Department of Corrections Communications Director, Barrett Marson, says the cells include a bed, toilet, shelf and face the west.

"In July and August it's going to be very hot. They don't have air conditioning, they do have swamp coolers, but in Arizona we know that doesn’t do much,” said Marson.

On death row, Arias will be allowed outside for one hour, six days a week and it will be spent alone, the other inmates get cleared out of the exercise area.

Most of Arias' life will be spent alone, even eating, in her cell. To pass the other 23 hours a day in her concrete box, she can read and will eventually be allowed to buy a small TV with basic cable channels if her family puts money into a spending account.

Computer time will not exist for Arias, no more Twitter. Her contact with the outside world will be cut off.

"She'll have almost no contact with anyone, other than you can talk between the cells through the vents," said Marson.

If she gets a life sentence, then after about two years she can earn more privileges with good behavior which includes more time outside when other inmates are out as well and longer visitation times.

Eventually she could even be transferred to a medium security prison which is more like a dorm setting with shared bunks and more space to roam.

"It's not meant to be easy, so it is hard time,” said Marson."

RE: End is Near Hopefully - Observer - 02-26-2015

I don't think Sheriff Arpaio is going to allow Jodi Arias to give media interviews. I don't know if she will speak to the media now she has learned she can't manipulate them and she blames the media for her conviction and she believes she will get death threats and hate mail if she speaks. If she does give interviews, I won't watch.

I don't want to listen to another word from her lying filthy mouth.

Martinez won't be speaking to the media unless he retires like Jeff Ashton did and there is no chance of that but Nurmi and Wilmot might.

I will watch interviews with the Alexanders and the jurors. But I won't watch interviews from the murderer, her mother, aunt and friend Donovan or her attorneys.