The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 451 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 356 session->update_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 33 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Crime & Trial Discussion Forums
End is Near Hopefully - Printable Version

+- Crime & Trial Discussion Forums (http://kristinarandle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Crimes and Trials (http://kristinarandle.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Jodi Arias Trial (http://kristinarandle.com/forum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: End is Near Hopefully (/thread-1.html)

RE: End is Near Hopefully - Observer - 03-04-2015

As long as the jury is still deliberating, I have hope that the jury will still come back with a death sentence.

I think this jury is truly working hard to get a unanimous verdict. They left for the day. When they sleep on it, they may all decide to vote the same way.

Duluth, where did you read where the judge will not be able to sentence her for two months if there is a hung jury?

Troy HaydenVerified account ‏@troyhaydenfox10 tweeted: Feb 25: #jodiarias will go directly to Perryville prison from courtroom if she gets death. If life, could be same day or day after.

The judge in the Marisa DeVault case sentenced her after a hearing a week after the jury came back with a life sentence. If the jury hangs or comes back with life, I believe the judge will have a hearing and give the Alexanders a chance to speak to the judge and request Life Without Parole and Jodi Arias and the Arias family to request Life with release after 25 years. Whether she will schedule a hearing later or do that right after the jury comes back with a life or hung verdict, I don't know.

I sure hope the Alexander family and friends get the verdict they deserve: death. I will stick around to hear any interviews with jurors or Alexander family members but then I am going on with my life and leaving Jodi Arias behind for good.

RE: End is Near Hopefully - Lunarscope - 03-04-2015

(03-03-2015, 10:53 PM)duluth45 Wrote:  I can only say I hope they can come to a verdict.  Because for one thing, if it is hung, it will be two months before the judges sentences her if what I have read is correct.  Just more time on the Arias thing.  Will this never end?
I read that too, but Also read Arias's mother wasn't attending the verdict, day later she was to attend, same reliable source no redaction/apology then her mother showed, again no mention of misstating, its hard to know what's a reliable source in a frenzy?

Also heard if life' Jodi goes back to her jail' because she is to do interviews, if death no interviews and to prison she goes!

Impossible to know what to believe!

Michael Kiefers news storytelling' said 2 unanswered (unpublished questions answered in secret) jury questions, then another question just before calling it a day! I count the two as #5 and #6 with question #7 at end of day, if the tweets are true! It tells me jury are trying to unite in verdict, by asking 7 questions, and the final question was with everyone except the public in attendance!

One early question was just procedure' not deliberation!

RE: End is Near Hopefully - duluth45 - 03-04-2015

Observer, I think I saw it on Beth. Tonight Beth said if it is hung, which she predicts and predicts it will happen tomorrow, that the judge will sentence her in 30 days or 60 days. I don't know why but that's what she said tonight. And I heard or read that somewhere else in the past few days, but I don't remember where. Sorry. If it is hung, I hate that it will be that long to sentence her. Nothing about this case has been quick, I think. Also there is something about a pre-sentencing report unless the defense says the court doesn't have to do that which rarely happens.
My thought is that the defense was able to bring in so many lies. It is so distressing to me that the lies told about Travis were actually facts about Arias. I believe too that in many ways the prosecution's hands are tied because I think there were lots of facts he wasn't allowed to bring in. Therefore the juries didn't get a clear picture of Arias's manipulation. Travis was trying to get her out of his life a long time before his slaughter. I wish the juries had been able to see how much Arias lies. Her whole life is lies. When the defense is allowed to put on a fake defense and trash the victim like this, sometimes some jurors just believe it, I think. This is exactly what happened in the Anthony trial. The jury didn't even listen to the prosecution's factual evidence. They really didn't. They believed the lies of the defense from the opening statements. They blamed George and didn't even consider the facts. There is something getting out of control in our system. I will want to know what this jury believed once it is over and done with. I am so happy though that the original jury found her guilty of 1st degree murder. I had worried about that at the time. So whatever happens in this trial, I feel so good that at least she is guilty of murder and am grateful. I feel for the family.
I, like you, hope the jury really tries to get a verdict.

RE: End is Near Hopefully - Observer - 03-04-2015

The tweets were confusing so this article helped me to understand what happened in the courtroom yesterday:

Legally Speaking: Deadlocked Jodi Arias jury forces judge to read impasse instruction

by Monica Lindstrom

Tuesday afternoon, Judge Sherry Stephens read the Jodi Arias jury a modified impasse instruction and sent them back into the deliberation room to keep working. This clearly meant that, at that time, the second Arias jury was deadlocked.

Shortly before lunch we learned the jury had submitted two questions to the court.

Judge Stephens indicated they were complex and the answer to the questions would take time. That, coupled with the fact the jury had already asked for an exhibit list, led me to believe the jury wanted to see more evidence from the first trial or hear more testimony.

So imagine my surprise when, after lunch, Judge Stephens actually unlocked the doors and announced to a full courtroom she was proposing to read a modified impasse instruction. Although I knew this would come eventually, I wasn't expecting it in response to a jury question.

Judge Stephens didn't read what questions five and six were so we won't know until after the decision is made what was asked. All we know is that whatever the jury wrote on those slips of paper led the judge to encourage them to continue to deliberate.

Deciding to give an impasse instruction is very important and significant and isn't something to be done on a whim. Relevant case law cautions a judge about giving the instruction because giving an impasse instruction prematurely could be considered a form of coercion.

Kirk Nurmi, Arias' lead defense attorney, objected to the reading of the impasse instruction indicating that it was clear the jury was deadlocked so a mistrial should be declared. The prosecutor, Juan Martinez, had no objection and had little to say. Judge Stephens overruled Nurmi's objection, brought the jury into the courtroom and read the instruction to them.

http://ktar.com/305/1812684/Legally-Speaking-Deadlocked-Jodi-Arias-jury-forces-judge-to-read-impasse-instruction

It sounds like the Judge took the questions and made her own undecided assumption, Now if another question relates to deliberation troubles instead of a specific piece of evidence or procedure' JSS grants Nurmi his career boost, and decides Jodis punishment, and it assumable that this jury will again like the last jury become shocked and disappointed if deliberation stop!

I will be hoping hoping hoping that the jury can reach unanimous decision.

Repost' I had deleted but luckily copy saved;
I don't know anything about what I'm talking about here' so let me explain what I discovered and how!

Watching an old movie Mermaid' A scientist called his supervisor a "Sadistic Pig" I Wiki'ed Sadistic finding Jodi traits and it had a link to "Dark Triad" where I found both Jodi and her supporters traits (Internet Trools Paragraph), I just wanted to share' No real question, but if you reply I'll share!

I think my definition needs changed from demented to sadistically dark triad demented'!

From Wiki; The dark triad is a group of three personality traits: narcissism, Machiavellianism = ["the employment of cunning and duplicity in statecraft or in general conduct'] and psychopathy.
Use of the term "dark" implies that these traits have malevolent qualities!

Even Chameleon is referred by quoting from a play!
I can add colours to the chameleon, Change shapes with Proteus for advantages, And set the murderous Machiavel to school.

RE: End is Near Hopefully - Justice - 03-04-2015

I want to share this. It was on JMPSP this morning and I think speaks for many, many of us. I can only hope JA hears about it. (I don't know how to post a link to one post. but here's the page site:
https://www.facebook.com/JuanMartinezProsecutorSupportPage?fref=nf

Great letter written by Lara Martinez.

LWOP is not a win for Jodi Arias.
Lara Martinez

Dear Jodi Arias:

You may think that a sentence of “LWOP” is a “win” for you—after all you have escaped the Death Penalty, right?
Wrong.
You are in for a life of abject loneliness, suffering, depression, rage, frustration, powerlessness, waste, rotting, violence, anguish, the loss of relationships, hopelessness and perhaps the cruelest blow for you: anonymity and irrelevance.

The media will no longer hang on your every facial expression, hair style, clothing choice, “secret testimony,” glasses frame, tracings of other people’s art, defense attorneys and salacious sexual material.

You will enter your pre-selected cement tomb with its plastic-coated mattress and worn blue paint and the door will shut on your infamy. The door will lock you inside, alone and anxious, cut off from your 10 “supporters” and everything you have ever known.

Unless your family decides to relocate to Arizona, you will lose all contact with them as your sentence grinds on and on with no relief. Normal people do not enjoy the tediousness of visiting prison inmates.

Personal visits will gradually drop off, written correspondence will wane and you will begin your REAL sentence: one of meaning nothing to the outside world.

You can ask your peers Casey Anthony and Scott Peterson about the cold reality of discovering that the media no longer cares about you—which also means the public has completely lost interest in you as well.

There will be no handsome reporter providing you with makeup and flattering lighting in order to secure an interview because you have nothing interesting to say.

Your lack of access to the internet will gradually force your contacts on the outside to abandon your insidious websites containing inane “book reviews” and “art.”

Whatever physical beauty you might have had will continue to fade, harden and morph into the typical look of a woman with no hope of release. The stress of prison life will immediately be seen on your face. Your coarse black hair will continue to turn to grey and your body will thicken on the unhealthy and unappetizing prison fare and snacks from the commissary.

You will experience the intense anxiety and anguish that comes with a lifetime of institutionalization. You will be reduced to a child due to the fact that you are no longer in charge of any of your decisions. You will age rapidly, losing one year for every two years you survive. Most likely you will die of natural causes when you are in your 50’s.

Your legacy is the corpse you left to rot in the shower. Your legacy is the unfathomable number of lies you told. Your legacy is the disgusting and nauseating propaganda campaign to kill your victim’s character in court. Simply put: your soul is a rotting, slimy corpse.

Travis Alexander’s legacy is the light and love that characterized him during his life. His huge heart and empathy and generosity will define his legacy. You murdered him when he found out what your soul looks like.
So, this is goodbye, Jodi Arias. We are tired of you. We want to move on with our lives, free from your toxic being. You won’t be remembered fondly. You will die with the knowledge that your life was a complete and total waste. We will instead turn to Travis and his motivation and enthusiasm for life and charity. You will rot all alone.

Justice, thank you for posting this. I hope this is what happens to Arias. Whoever Lara Martinez is, she did a good thing by writing this.

Observer, I just now read the Monica Lindstrom link that you posted and I looked through the pictures that were on that link. I am glad to report that Arias is looking more unattractive than ever. And something is going on with the lumps around her mouth.
Just saying. This is me being catty and shallow. But at least the jail time is telling on her if nothing else.

I don't know if this means anything but a few minutes ago, de la Rosa went in the courtroom with Arias clothes.