The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 451 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 356 session->update_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 33 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Crime & Trial Discussion Forums
End is Near Hopefully - Printable Version

+- Crime & Trial Discussion Forums (http://kristinarandle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Crimes and Trials (http://kristinarandle.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Jodi Arias Trial (http://kristinarandle.com/forum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: End is Near Hopefully (/thread-1.html)

RE: End is Near Hopefully - NERN - 03-06-2015

"Let me try to explain the best I can. All the "dirt" being dug up on a certain juror will not warrant a retrial. The only way in hell there will ever be a New PENALTY Phase retrial is if she is granted a new CRIMINAL trial. And that would take a lot of proving up for her to get a new Criminal trial then followed by a new Penalty Phase afterwards. To get a new criminal trial there would have to be some huge errors in the Criminal trial such as a gross error by the trial judge, like evidence not allowed in. Trust me Nurmi is undoubtedly telling Jodi to keep her mouth shut. I am certain he advises against it. Especially now with the latest developments. Jodi would have to show the trial judge or her Defense team erred in the criminal trial to get a new one then followed by a new Penalty Phase. Trust me she's not gonna get a new Penalty Hearing based on this jurors actions."

The above was posted by the Admin. on the "Juan Martinez Prosecutor Support Page" on Facebook.

Should there have been any misconduct on the part of the juror who was the hold-out, it will be dealt with by the legal system.

But it will not change anything for Arias.
She is going to prison and most likely for the rest of her natural life.

The following was also posted by the Admin. of the "Juan Martinez Prosecutor Support Page" on Facebook.

"If it helps any at all, I can tell you this. One of our very own posters has a daughter sitting in Perryville. They are eagerly anticipating Jodis arrival. They are pissed that she thinks she is above everyone. I heard allegedly, they are going to show her that NO ONE is going to walk around Perryville like they are better than anyone else.
Jodi is going to learn right off bat these women don't play the game."

As much as I do not like the phrase I am about to use, Arias will not be a "happy camper" when she finally gets to her new home. This is something I have felt from the beginning if she got LWOP.

RE: End is Near Hopefully - Observer - 03-07-2015

I wondered where the Jodi Arias is Innocent support site got the jurors names. Would Wilmott and Nurmi be stupid enough to give the juror's names to Arias.

Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10: Developing: MCSO looking into websites releasing personal information of ‪#‎JodiArias‬ jurors.

Jodi Arias Is Innocent, support site posted a list of juror names yesterday, including middle names which would only come from a court official. I'm told 6 copies were released: Judge Stephens, assistants x 2, court reporter, State, defense...]

Joe Arpaio @RealSheriffJoe tweeted this 4 hours ago :Trying to put a stop to #jodiarias social media antics which she conducts from jail. May hit legal road block.

He is not only referring to the Jodi Arias is Innocent site but this twitter account:

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · 43m 43 minutes ago
#JodiArias death jurors are an embarrassment to America. They shame this whole country with their blood lust & murderous aspirations.

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · 44m 44 minutes ago
#JodiArias case wasn't mass murder, baby-killing or senseless. TA was an abusive, womanizing pedophile. Those who voted death are MONSTERS.

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · 46m 46 minutes ago
"The real justice will be in the afterlife when Jodi burns in hell." As w/ TA, Tanisha is untrue 2 LDS faith. Mormons don't believe in hell.

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · 6h 6 hours ago
#JodiArias jury, save 1 juror, epitomizes how unevolved society still is--at least society in Arizona.

RE: End is Near Hopefully - NERN - 03-07-2015

http://twoinnocents.com/2015/03/07/open-letter-to-the-jodi-arias-jurors-second-panel/?blogsub=confirming#blog_subscription-3

This is a really good read and I have subscribed to this woman's blog.

I believe that the tweets from Arias supporters are ludicrous and hateful as well as being hurtful.

They fall on my deaf ears and I do not give them any of my time.

These people will eventually stop and go back to living in their shell of a life until the next topic arises. They are to be pitied for living their lives in a vacuum.

This is why Juror No. 17 should never have been on the jury.

She was a victim of domestic violence and married two convicted felons.

Juror No. 17 married her first husband AFTER he was sentenced to prison for committing a crime and her second husband four years AFTER he got out of prison.

Victims of domestic violence deaden their feelings and go into denial and minimize their injuries and make excuses for the abuser. When their husband breaks their ribs or gives them a black eye, they tell themselves: “It isn’t that bad. It could be worse. At least he didn’t kill me. And I know he didn’t mean to hurt me. He loves me.” Even though they are throbbing in pain, they feel sorry for their abuser when he cries and says he is sorry and will never do it again.

Women who marry convicted felons sympathize with the felons, not the victims of crime. Juror No. 17 believes it is normal to commit a crime. That’s why Juror No. 17 saw Jodi Arias as normal and was not shocked by the gruesome murder she committed.

The autopsy pictures of Travis Alexander’s bloated body riddled with stab wounds shocked and sickened the eleven other jurors so that they had nightmares and were sobbing because they felt empathy and sympathy for Travis Alexander, his family and friends.

Juror No. 17 didn’t care about the victim or his family. She felt sorry for the cold blooded murderer. Because domestic violence victims deaden their feelings and sympathize with the abuser, Juror No. 17 saw Jodi couldn’t help what she did because of her psychological makeup and should not be put to death for it.

I think that even prosecutors and judges don’t realize that felons and those who marry felons see the criminal community as their family and Juror No. 17 could never sentence a family member to death.

I don’t believe what was posted on the Juan Martinez support page:

"If it helps any at all, I can tell you this. One of our very own posters has a daughter sitting in Perryville. They are eagerly anticipating Jodis arrival. They are pissed that she thinks she is above everyone. I heard allegedly, they are going to show her that NO ONE is going to walk around Perryville like they are better than anyone else. Jodi is going to learn right off bat these women don't play the game."

Someone made it up to make everyone feel better that Arias isn’t getting the death sentence.

The reality is in women’s prisons, the felons bond because they all feel they were wrongly convicted and it is them against law enforcement. They become a sisterhood.

Here's a video of one of the jurors reacting to learning that Juan Martinez prosecuted Juror No. 17s husband.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/clip/11208848/juror-speaks-out-about-juror-17s-link-to-juan-martinez

RE: End is Near Hopefully - ElaineJ - 03-07-2015

[quote='NERN' pid='695' dateline='1425683259']
"Trust me she's not gonna get a new Penalty Hearing based on this jurors actions."

Agree Nern, Arias won't get a new penalty hearing based on that jurors actions. That jurors actions or lack thereof will be determined by law, if in fact there were any select omissions during vetting. I do however have a concern.

When I listened to Arias discuss with JSS her intent to allocute, JSS noted her attorneys stated she did not want to - Arias said that it wasn't true, she did want to allocute. Arias' understanding was that her allocution was not direct testimony, that is fact, and therefore (paraphrasing here) her belief was that she could allocute, but her desire was to do this in secrecy. Arias asked JSS to restate her decision...and that was that the court had ruled Arias could not testify in secrecy. See my point? To allocute is not the same as direct "testimony" which the higher court said will not be done in secrecy.

Whether there is an example in law as to how allocution will be given, I don't know. Will that become an issue for Arias? I don't know. My concern here, if that is an issue for an appeal, it would hinge on whether her allocution potentially could have resulted in LWP vs LWOP post the hung jury on the death penalty. No one at this point knows what JSS's sentencing will be but we're all virtually anticipating natural life - in the event that doesn't happen, surely the civilians will riot. Big Grin

Looking closer at this issue, would Arias in fact choose to pursue this matter if it is valid? I say this because, the thrust of the defense was to avoid the death penalty at all costs, they accomplished that with the assassination of Travis' character. But, when the notice for the hung jury was announced, I had this odd feeling that Arias was dissatisfied with the result! One being because she will not have the advantage of full legal counsel at a cost to the state and two, that she would not have the benefits on death row. I really don't think the idea of general population is something she looks forward to and if this is an issue that can be appealed, the question is whether the case would be or could be overturned. We have 30 days to see if any actions can be or will be made.

Another issue on why I think Arias wasn't satisfied with a hung jury - natural life doesn't afford her the opportunity to appeal. LWP allows her some options - I feel she hopes for that but is more concerned that she won't be given what she wants...to have control. Both money and connections will be lost on the one sentence she detests, natural life.

Elaine, there was a hung jury, so she can't use anything that happened in the retrial as grounds for an appeal. She could have used the allocution issue to appeal a death sentence. She can only appeal a death sentence or the guilty verdict.

She can only get the guilty verdict reversed and a new trial if there was an error in the first trial that would have caused the jurors to vote not guilty. The appellate attorney can only use the issues Nurmi brought up in his mistrial motions in the first trial and those issues have no merit.

She is not going to get another trial period. She will never get a death sentence.

I am sure Arias asked for a 30 day delay so Nurmi has a chance to file a motion asking the judge to overturn the guilty verdict. I believe he has 30 to 60 days to do that. Then as soon as she is sentenced, she can appeal the guilty verdict.

(03-07-2015, 02:27 PM)Observer Wrote:  
Here's a video of one of the jurors reacting to learning that Juan Martinez prosecuted Juror No. 17s husband.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/clip/11208848/juror-speaks-out-about-juror-17s-link-to-juan-martinez

________________________________________________________________________________​_

There seems to be some confusion over the issue as to whether Juan prosecuted the jurists first husband. Until someone pointed out a distinct difference, I was under the same impression about Juan's actions.

According to the document, her first husband received probation. Juan Martinez was the prosecutor on his case. He accepted the sentence. Prior to the determination, the jurist married the first husband. Some time later, he became tangled in yet another offense and received a heavy sentence as he was in violation of probation. This finding was by a different prosecutor. I believe he is not eligible for parole until 2037. However, he continues to rack up offenses while in the DOC.

At some time post his incarceration, the jurist files for divorce and subsequently marries her now husband who as you note, is also a felon.

Until this muck and mire is sorted, I'll be none the more wiser because I'm wondering what the jurist wrote in her message to JSS that convinced JSS to keep this jurist in deliberations. And in spite of this, I've listened to the jurists interviews and find it interesting that they're all in agreement about the "hold outs" words and actions in the deliberation room. But do her actions and words constitute prosecution? I don't know. For me it remains to be seen.

(03-07-2015, 03:13 PM)Observer Wrote:  Elaine, there was a hung jury, so she can't use anything that happened in the retrial as grounds for an appeal. She could have used the allocution issue to appeal a death sentence. She can only appeal a death sentence or the guilty verdict.

She can only get the guilty verdict reversed and a new trial if there was an error in the first trial that would have caused the jurors to vote not guilty. The appellate attorney can only use the issues Nurmi brought up in his mistrial motions in the first trial and those issues have no merit.

She is not going to get another trial period. She will never get a death sentence.

I am sure Arias asked for a 30 day delay so Nurmi has a chance to file a motion asking the judge to overturn the guilty verdict. I believe he has 30 to 60 days to do that. Then as soon as she is sentenced, she can appeal the guilty verdict.

Mercy, thank you so much for explaining that to me again!! LOL I'll hold onto my lug nuts until it's time for an overhaul with Arias. She's like an allergy that's never out of season. Undecided

RE: End is Near Hopefully - NERN - 03-07-2015

For me, these are all mostly moot points.

Elaine -
Arias was given a long latitude for her defense in the retrial.
I do not see any room for any appeal that would be successful.

She was given every opportunity by JSS to reconsider her decision to not give an allocution and she still stuck to her guns. I am not worried about this issue at all.

Arias is gone and although I know that she is manipulative, a liar and wants what she wants, she has lost. She may put forward efforts but I believe strongly that they will be to no avail.

I also think that she is probably fearful of entering Perryville given the comments by the jury that will be known by other inmates there.

Observer -
I think the JMP Support Page on Facebook is one of the more credible pages that I have been involved with for some time.
I am not naïve enough to believe everything that I read there or anywhere else but I do beg to differ with the fact that the post you quoted was made up just to appease people.
This post was put there by the Administrator of the page and it would not serve them well to start posting lies.
It is important to remember that the word "alleged" was used in the post.

I agree to a point that some inmates bond in prison.
I do still think that Arias is not smart enough to be able to fool most of them however.
She may try, but they will see through her as they are just like her in so many ways.
Like the post stated "they do not play the game".

I have seen hundreds of programs on prison life and read many, many articles and most inmates cannot tolerate anyone who thinks they are better than them and someone who displays a consistent arrogant attitude.

Of course Nurmi will file some kind of a motion during these next 30 days. That is what he does.
Nothing will change.

JSS has sat through this entire case, recognized and even stated she is aware of the manipulation of Arias. She will give LWOP.

BTW, I have gotten rid of all sites on this case except Websleuths, JMP Support Page on facebook, the blog that I just subscribed to and this forum.

In 30 days, I plan to leave the rest and get on with my life.
Arias will be forgotten.
Whatever is playing out with this juror can go on without my input.

I absolutely agree with Martinez when he said when it all comes down to it, this is a case, like all others. He stated he remains with the Alexander family. It is time to move on for him.

(03-07-2015, 01:38 PM)NERN Wrote:  http://twoinnocents.com/2015/03/07/open-letter-to-the-jodi-arias-jurors-second-panel/?blogsub=confirming#blog_subscription-3

This is a really good read and I have subscribed to this woman's blog.

I believe that the tweets from Arias supporters are ludicrous and hateful as well as being hurtful.

They fall on my deaf ears and I do not give them any of my time.

These people will eventually stop and go back to living in their shell of a life until the next topic arises. They are to be pitied for living their lives in a vacuum.

I love Kathy's blog. The story about her sisters murder is so heartbreaking. She was recently here in my state working on her book and we were able to meet up and discuss where she was at in her book at that time. If you haven't read the whole news article on her sisters murder, I recommend it because it goes into detail about how the insurance policy was but one awful detail to the entire case.

We both had followed the Scott Peterson trial at the same time. That got us both hooked and Kathy was instrumental in a piece of evidence for Scott's trial. Neither of us are new to both ends of the spectrum when it comes to negative supporters, broth pro and con for the victim and perpetrator. I personally find it disheartening when jurists and witnesses are attacked and harassed by either side. I often have to step away for periods because of the negativity. The world of Twitter can be a powerful weapon at the disposal of those who have no shame.

RE: End is Near Hopefully - Lunarscope - 03-07-2015

October 21 juror was dismissed, October 22 juror was dismissed for asking Beth if she was Nancy Grace, October 23 judge didn't dismiss Juror 17 after telling all the jury to go home as she took Juror 17 into chambers!
The only possibility of DP getting a new hearing is proof of conspiracy related to the 'is innocent' web sight or that Juror 17 had a Yreka Arias connection!

The 30 year old juror 17 was married the day before her husband copped-a- plea, remarrying later' both convicts, watched the Jodi movie and read laws of attraction and 'The Secret' movies or books, and even if she had her mind set before deliberations, none of that merits further resolve, only a strong conspiracy proven can effect change!