Crime & Trial Discussion Forums

Full Version: End is Near Hopefully
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What Jodi Arias didn't want you to know about the forged letter
March 28, 2015

Jodi Arias was convicted in May of 2013 of first degree murder. Her victim, Travis Alexander, had an on-again-off-again relationship with Arias. When she feared she could no longer have him, she drove from her residence in California to his home in Arizona and brutally murdered him. What she has done from that moment on is murder him over and over again with her lies.

Earlier in the week, I posted a forged letter that Arias desperately tried to admit into evidence several times over the years and failed. A decision was made to delete the post a short time later, however after further discussion with the Alexander and Hughes families, we have decided to repost the forged letter. As always, it is posted out of love for Travis and a deep desire to get the truth out there.

TO CLARIFY -- At no time did we believe that Travis had a dark interest in children. This letter is a forgery and therefore was not allowed into evidence in either the murder trial or the sentencing retrial.

The following background is provided by Sky Hughes and published with kind permission:

" In order to understand the extent of how wrong, evil and manipulative this fake letter from “Travis” to Jodi is, you need some background. This is a shortened version because there is so much more to this story. In 2010, before a pre-trial hearing that Chris and I were both supposed to testify in, I received a phone call from Nurmi telling me he wanted to send me something. It was something “Travis had written.” It had been "verified 100% to be Travis’ writing," and he had “irrefutable evidence” to verify what he was going to send me. He wanted me to see it while I was at home, and not on the stand in front of a bunch of people I had never met. He seemed like such a nice guy. He sent me the letter from “Travis” to Jodi dated January 21st, 2007. This was just four months after Travis and Jodi had met (which brings up all sorts of additional issues with the content of this letter). I got the email from Nurmi and read it. My heart sank as I could not make sense of it. This was not Travis! I kept hearing Nurmi talking about the proof of it being his handwriting and the “irrefutable evidence.” When Chris got home, I showed it to him. His response was that anyone could have written it. I reminded him that the defense attorney had said it had been 100% verified and that he had irrefutable evidence. We discussed whether or not it would be legal for this attorney to lie to us about something like this right before we were supposed to testify, and agreed that there was no way it would be legal not to mention ethical.

To say it was an awful experience just doesn’t do it justice. Keep in mind, we didn’t know Nurmi, and we didn’t know the depths he and Jodi would stoop to try to ruin Travis’ good name. To say we were naive would be an understatement. We had never been through anything like this, so the thought of anyone making this up about someone else, conjuring evidence, and lying about evidence that didn’t exist never crossed our mind- especially by someone who had taken an oath to uphold the ethical requirements placed on attorneys. If this had happened today, after seeing how Nurmi operates, we would have laughed in his face and looked into filing a complaint about ethics violations. This is what Chris was referring to when he was testifying in a mistrial hearing and told Nurmi that Nurmi had lied to me.

I think it was just before this letter was sent to us, but it was near this time, that Jodi had changed her story from the two masked ninjas did it to she killed Travis…in self defense. With these claims of pedophilia, were also claims of multiple times where Travis had physically attacked her. As far as I know, this letter of pedophilia, and the 5 or 6 letters about abuse were all sent electronically and anonymously to the defense team. There have never been originals, nor a source for them revealed. In 2010, with these letters, came Jodi’s new story that she had been cleaning Travis’ attic, and came across children’s toys and videos. Which is obviously a far cry from what she testified to under oath during the trial. A picture floating down to her feet and an admission to “raping little boys” is a huge difference. Neither of these stories and what she said happened that day matched her journal, text and phone records. If I remember correctly, the letters about abuse are dated from January to May of 2007. Jodi’s claims during the trial were that the abuse occurred in 2008. The only thing consistent with Jodi Arias is that she lies, and then lies about her lies.

Jodi’s attorneys tried to get these letters in as evidence, but they were not admissible because on top of being fake, there was no source and no original. Jodi even fired her attorneys and tried to get them admitted herself. When it was denied, she re-hired them. If they were true, why was her story so drastically different when she testified? My guess is she had to completely change her story because if she hadn’t, Martinez would be able to show her for the fraud that she is with these conjured letters.

In August of 2011, barely over a year from the time Jodi came up with the pedophilia accusations, Matt McCartney was supposed to testify for the defense that he had seen the originals of these letters. This was also around the time that the message Jodi was trying to smuggle out of jail in magazines was discovered.

'You f*cked* up. What you told my attorney next day directly contradicts what I’ve been saying for over a year. Get down here ASAP and see me before you talk to them again and before you testify so we can fix this. Interview was excellent. Must talk ASAP.'

Incredible, isn't it? Ironically, Matt is the only person on planet Earth, who claims to have seen the “originals” to the “pedophile” and “abuse” letters. He was also the only person on planet Earth who claimed to have seen bruising around Jodi’s neck and her “broken” ring finger on her left hand, both a result of, according to her, "beatings by Travis." It obviously had to do with the abuse/pedophilia story that she had come up with a little over a year before! Matt was a no- show for court. I would imagine he didn’t want to be arrested for perjury.

We all know this letter, the “abuse” letters, and the allegations that Travis was a pedophile and an abuser are all lies. The letters are forgeries. They are laced with Jodi’s narcissism at its finest. This letter is absolutely abhorrent, but is another testament to the evil that is Jodi Arias."

This post was written in collaboration with Nora from the State v. Jodi Arias Facebook page.

Because the image of the letter I received was poor, I have transcribed it below. Any inconsistencies between the image and the transcription below are unintentional.

*GRAPHIC WARNING*

1-21-07
Jodi,

Please give me a chance to explain what you saw. I know it looks bad and honestly it is. Your probably the only person on the planet who has the capacity to understand and the compassion to even try. This goes back years. I have desires I can't explain. What is worse is I've acted on those desires. I have hurt children because of urges I can't control. I can't help it. I know it's pure evil but I can't stop. I've prayed about it repeatedly, I've gotten a blessing, but nothing helps. I have gone to my bishop but I cannot tell him directly about it for obvious reasons. I had "toys" in the attic which is I never let you up there to clean. Even after I said I was done I didn't get rid of them right away because I thought what if? What if I might need them again? I finally donated them. Enough is enough. I want to stop and at times I think I can. Other times it feels like I'll never be able to. I can only imagine that it's like a drug problem. I worry about getting married. I worry that my wife won't suffice. I worry about having kids. What if I have to adopt? If they are not my seed will it be too easy? I'm scared to be alone with a boy. I get unwanted thoughts and I don't want to act on them. It's true, kids can get annoying but the truth is I'm scared to be alone with them. I worry about going to the Hughes in the future because Ryell is getting close to that age. It would be so easy. I know you think this is sick. I am sick. I've had sex with boys and I don't know if they'll ever get past what I've done. The truth is I fucking hate myself! I want to kill myself! I want to blow my fucking head off! Sometimes I can't stand being alive. I'm sorry you had to see what you saw. Honestly you've helped me on several occasions without even knowing it. You've been an outlet frustrations via the fantasy enactments. It's one of the reasons I like anal sex so much. It's the reason for the boys underwear. Don't get me wrong I'm not gay. I'm not a fag. I've just had this inside me. And when I'm getting it from girls I desire boys less. I know this is evil. But this is not who I am nor who I am becoming. Jodi I don't want to be labeled a pedophile or a child molester. Do you understand what I am saying? Please just call me. I need to know that I can trust you. I know I can trust you. I'll tell you everything. Just call me. You have never judged me before. Please do not judge me now. Just call me when your done reading this.

T.V.A.

Copyright - Cathy Russon, Court Chatter
Unless permission given
@ I assume letter is now free copy!
Lunarscope, I really appreciate all the things you have been able to post. You must really know how to get in there and dig it out.
Thanks.
I wonder if it is illegal somehow for Nurmi to tell Skye that the letter was verified? That is outrageous. And what a horrible thing to do to her, a dear friend to Travis. What would have been his reasoning? Was he trying to make her turn against Travis? That's the only thing I can think of. This is disgusting.
Blog about letter' and Jodi supporters probable verses possible, (considers if Journals were used by cut and paste, because Cap- letters mid-word. Sky commented!

http://jodiariastrialtruth.blogspot.com/2015/03/aria-is-worse-than-some-thought.html?m=1

Duluth' he will lose his law license for that' and hopefully sued by Arizona for millions, = getting salary returned' I don't know what Arizona can do, but his ability to practice law is done if what we believe is true, Jodi bus flattened Nurmi, anything more is icing on the cake!
Lunarscope - thanks for posting the above. Good to hear "the truth" from someone who knows - S. Hughes.

I went to each of the links posted and found that I had read many of them before.

I felt they were dealt with fairly.

These were just more stall tactics by the defense.

I think there will be many ramifications coming forward in the future regarding participants in this case.
Who it will involve, what they will be or what the results will be, I have no idea.

These latest posts about Arias wanting to meet with JSS "ex parte" regarding her dismissal of her attorneys and possibly wanting to defend herself again are absolutely ludicrous if true.

I think.....
1. With her restrictions in place, she just wants "out" and will use any reason to get it.
2. There is nothing to defend any longer. She is only to be sentenced and have to listen to the admonishments from JSS and the Alexander family - and so she should!
3. At this stage in the game, JSS will deny her request.
4. Arias may be looking to represent herself in any future appeals and thus giving her access to so much once she reaches Perryville.
5. I would think that this must be addressed AFTER the sentencing.
6. She has too much time on her hands now that she is under restrictions and she is plotting and trying anything she thinks she can get away with.

(03-28-2015, 01:59 PM)duluth45 Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if it is illegal somehow for Nurmi to tell Skye that the letter was verified?  That is outrageous.  And what a horrible thing to do to her, a dear friend to Travis.  What would have been his reasoning?  Was he trying to make her turn against Travis?  That's the only thing I can think of.  This is disgusting.

This is typical of a Nurmi tactic. and yes, it is disgusting.
If it can be proven that he said this and not just hearsay (although I absolutely believe Skye), then he can have consequences, IMO.
I think Jodi wants to not be sentenced in cuffs and stripes, we know her supporters cannot do any more than send limited worded post cards, so she wanted to talk to JSS' the delay from motion to motion filing, tells me JSS responded (maybe with a letter) before our notification, as I said Joe filed a CV charge, Jodi is under a formal child endangerment restriction or suit

The OmniBus will evaporate' it is a hearing that begs for appeal to the USSC and Nurmi is not experienced for USSC      with that said' Nurmi could appeal to USSC (first appeal as a appellate attorney = unlikely given review) because only because he now can afford the extreme expense, its a big leap from Court Appointed to Appellate Appeal to USSC!

For Consequences' (above reply) remember this was on Arizonas dime or the trial expense impact will cause voter uproar, MDLR (= illiterate lacking English verbage' maybe a ninja college degree) Nurmi breach of 'code of ethics', whos next, after 13th careers will tumble!

We need Pre-trial minutes' then we will know with certainty Nurmi committed career suicide!
Good point Lunarscope about Arias not wanting to wear her shackles and prison garb at sentencing. I think you are right. I add that to my list.

I would be surprised if after sentencing, Nurmi has anything to do with Arias.
He may be a low-life, but I think he still wants to be rid of her.
That and he wouldn't spend a dime of his money to help her out.

Here is a question for all of you.....................

Do you think JSS will give Arias LWP?
I call it Charmed' but it really is Jodi having the upper hand, somewhere down the line' Jodi guilted JSS for making a ruling that hobbled her case, and Jodi is vindictive until death, So I don't believe JSS has the fortitude, I expect before or in the week following the 13th the Jodi bus flattens JSS's career, so to answer' we assume JSS is the lone judge as a status quo, that I do not expect!

JSS will have no repercussions' considering what I stated above' so I expect 25 years without time served, for that I believe JSS needs removed from the bench before the 13th' or to have a superior judge monitor her decision!

I cannot get over the fact that the Alexander family impact statements were at the beginning' Martinez had to protest, and we are in the dark, JSS is holding prejudicial minutes that protect Jodi lies, I fear most JSS giving time served, she has committed career suicide on numerous occasions to date, I also believe JSS has always believed that Perryville will place Jodi in harms way!

I want to add' during the first trial (subject matter that I was strongly topicing) when Martinez asked Jodi about gasoline hauled in her cars trunk (not relative to blue can) JSS facial reaction to Jodis reasoning' told me JSS considers Jodi a endangerment to motorway' a self-centered freelancer, but I fear JSS in entirety sees reformability.

Justice' this explains better' what I said days ago about Travis not being able to have even been near Jodi (the letters) as Martinez told in court, headers to topic on JMSP.

® Marie Garcia
The header on this post, whats visible is what Travis was writing in text messages to her on the night she claims he wrote that letter. Absolutely no way he went from concerned over switching his car with her...to writing that letter. You can see the whole text exchange from JM when he cross examined her. She wasnt even with him to witness anything...so what the letter is based on did (edit-in didn't) even come close to even happening in the first place.
Interesting take on JSS Lunarscope.

I believe JSS will give her LWOP (natural life).

For me, facial expressions can be interpreted differently by different people so for me, it is not a reliable source.

During discussions in chambers when Arias was seeking a closed courtroom for her secret testimony, it has been put on the record that JSS saw and stated she recognized the manipulation tactics of Arias.

Although she granted the closed courtroom which resulted in her ruling being overturned by the Supreme Court of Arizona, JSS effectively took the decision out of her own hands and she closed the door for an appeal.
This could very well have been her strategic plan.

When Arias tried to do the same thing with her allocution (closed courtroom), JSS denied her request.

Again, she is not a stupid woman or she wouldn't be on the bench in the first place.

For every motion filed, whether by the defense or the prosecution, JSS did her research before making a ruling. She consistently cited case law. This is very evident in the minutes that have been released regarding her decisions.
Again, she allowed motion after motion put forth by the defense and she systematically cited case law before making her decisions.
Again, this could very well have been her strategic plan to avoid appellate issues in the future.

Should she have halted the repeated testimony from defense witnesses regarding the outrageous accusations against Travis Alexander's reputation?
Yes, she could have.
But by allowing it (even though it was horrifying for the family), each and every witness sunk themselves when cross examined by Martinez.
The jury did not buy it and convicted Arias of Premeditated First Degree Felony Murder with the Aggravating Factor of Extreme Cruelty, making Arias eligible for the Death Penalty.

I hope that this case is used as an example for changing the laws and not allowing the victim to be trashed.

It was both JURIES that could not come to an agreement on sentencing.
But someone has to be blamed by the court of public opinion and it is JSS and the hold-out juror that are damned.
If one reads all the documents regarding the jury, especially in the second trial, they were following their instructions.
However, they are still called liars, or at least one is, and it is because Arias did not get the penalty that so many wanted her to get.
I find it interesting that the first jury has not been attacked for their hung jury. It all falls on this second trial participants. (and the judge!)