Crime & Trial Discussion Forums

Full Version: End is Near Hopefully
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lunarscope,

"Jodi was a premeditated backstabber' she was (in my opinion) a serial killer in the making, lack of remorse matters' but lack of emotions relates a savage, a predatory insect or crazed animal alike reptilian. I relate Jodi a worst of the worst not because of a killing but because of her absence of empathy, the girl is unable to cry, demented to the extreme, a Camellia."

Each and every murderer (and then some more) that I mentioned were exactly like Arias. She may have been a serial killer in the making, but the majority of those others mentioned already were serial killers who one could liken to having a "lack of emotions, relates as a savage, a predatory insect or crazed animal...". (Added to the list are the Hillside Stranglers, Arlene Wornos, Lizzie Borden and I could go on and on)

Arias is ONE of the worst of the worst, up there with "...absence of empathy,...demented to the extreme...".
She is not special and does not stand out more than any other murderer.

Because of the media coverage of this case, we learned so much about her and she has been front and centre for so long making her seem more evil than anyone else who committed a horrible crime - male or female.
There is no doubt that she is evil but so are all murderers especially those that premeditate and use extreme cruelty to their victim(s).
Had the same coverage been available in all those other cases, we would have felt the same about each and every one of them as well.

"As far as JSS' she lost courtroom control pretrial' if allowing frivolous motions for delays her problem, then she should have been replaced, spending Arizona money is just the public opinion, both sides of the fence blame JSS for incompetence, and that's what stirred the discontent, no authority accepted JSS lack of protection for constitutional rights, she allowed Jodi to have court documents in her possession' during transport, large specialty meals and fired the two court employees that told on Janet for talking to the first Jury Foreman during deliberations, the #17 note was #17 texting Janet then note was handed to Randy, why because Janet had already threatened Martinez and didn't want appearance of impropriety, a Jury Foreman (in all matters) is the only person authorised to discuss (notes) matters with a Judge, the #17 note told JSS the 11 to 1 split, (information the judge tells jury never to expose) that's mistrial material, we wait for the 13th of April to find out the ramifications of #17' who lied about researching trial, Jodi sentencing holds precedence. And MDLR will be exposed expelled on or after the 13th, all lack of Courtroom respect."

I believe, completely, if there had been just cause discovered by those superior to JSS and/or by the State or Defense, with her handling of this case and/or incompetence, it would have become an important issue and she could have been replaced.
The only people who have called for this are the members of the general public and some other legal people who have had nothing to do with this case but freely give their opinions on what they would do.

I may be missing something, but can you show me the proof of the following.....
"she allowed Jodi to have court documents in her possession' during transport, large specialty meals and fired the two court employees that told on Janet for talking to the first Jury Foreman during deliberations, the #17 note was #17 texting Janet then note was handed to Randy, why because Janet had already threatened Martinez and didn't want appearance of impropriety..."

"a Jury Foreman (in all matters) is the only person authorised to discuss (notes) matters with a Judge, the #17 note told JSS the 11 to 1 split, (information the judge tells jury never to expose) that's mistrial material"
Why was no mistrial asked for by the defense?
Yes My proof was already posted here, pages back, I will refind, one is combined, Martinez in court told JSS Janet threaten a Mexican bow tie (knifes throat slash) and that Janet talked to the first jury foreman telling him chargers should not have been murder 1 but manslaughter' that's reason for mistrial and that is now being investigated' and salvaging the trial is issued.

You must Watch the video' we have discussed this, it's the end of court minutes on the very first video released by JMSP, the fact that Janet was 'suspended/fired/or gone' and then reinstated is undeniable, I can find the firing of two court representatives who told on Janet' and Martinez named one of them in the courtroom to JSS on that video.

JSS should never have been allowed to judge the retrial because theirs no respect for courtroom by her underlings, or MDLR of Attornies for defense who argued mistrial motions at breakneck speed to delay' hoping for Jury pool to reduce below 12, for a mistrial, it was easy for Nurmi and Willmott just throw in everything posable (very few has substance) in motions to fog the Judges perception.

The meals' Jodi received large specialized breakfasts every court day because she told JSS jail meals were unavailable' JSS allowed, and the breakfast were large enough for lunch with food to spare.

This video is only 82-seconds long, it is 2/2013 and when Jodi forced JSS to order jail meals, then Jodi manipulated into getting specialty breakfasts.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lNwd0O9ag78#
OK Lunarscope,

Please do not look for the information you have posted - I believe you!

As far as the meals are concerned, it was my understanding that she was given brown paper bags with her two meals when she left so early in the morning for court. Having said this, maybe breakfast was not available - who knows for sure - and therefore she was ordered meals. I rather doubt they were "large, specialized meals". For me, it is a minor detail in this entire case.

Replacing the judge in the second trial would be like replacing the prosecutor or the defense team. Consistency was important and with NO sanctions being tabled on JSS, she was the logical person to continue with the trial.

I also DISAGREE that JSS's perception was "fogged" by the defense.
She is not a stupid woman - if she was, #1 she wouldn't be a judge in the first place and #2 she did her job to the best of her beliefs in the law and abilities.

I think we need to agree to disagree with how we feel about the judge.
Sheriff Joe's downfall' uninsurable and Country can no longer pay for over maximum lawsuit losses, Wednesday Joe was disposed for ignoring court order' trials pending.

MESA
County to pay $3.5 million for botched MCSO probe

Kody Acevedo, The Republic | azcentral.com
1 day ago
Facebook
Twitter
Google Plus
more
Maricopa County will pay a $3.5 million settlement to the family of a girl whose abuser was allowed to walk free for nearly five years while the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office ignored physical evidence from the assault.

The case was one of more than 400 sexual-abuse and -assault cases that the Sheriff's Office admitted mishandling from roughly 2005 to 2007.

The Republic
Maricopa County Sheriff's Office
In this instance, Patrick J. Morrison, 51, eventually pleaded guilty in 2012 to three counts of child molestation against his niece, Sabrina, who is developmentally disabled. The girl first reported the molestation five years earlier in 2007, but deputies closed her case in 2008 even though physical evidence supported her story.
ROBERTS: MCSO botch job costs little girl -- and now taxpayers
The Arizona Republic typically does not identify sexual-assault victims. However, the family stepped forward and agreed to disclose Sabrina's identity in the hope that their case would call attention to the investigations mishandled by the Sheriff's Office.
The family had previously filed a $30 million claim against the county.
"We got the result that was justified," Charles Surrano, an attorney for the Morrison family. "I'm glad the county came to their senses."
Surrano said that as time progressed, he knew the Sheriff's Office smartest move was to admit their fault.
"Today's settlement reflects their liability," Surrano said.
Sabrina's mother, Vikki Morrison, said her daughter still suffers from the trauma of the case and no amount of money is going to change that.
"Money can't replace the fact that my daughter and family are traumatized forever," Vikki Morrison said. "Family means more to my daughter than any amount of money."
Patrick Morrison was sentenced to 24 years in prison for one count of child molestation and lifetime supervised probation following his release on two other counts of attempted child molestation, court records said.
Almost 21/2 years after the sentence, Sabrina's mother said that the family still feels his punishment was not severe enough.
"I wanted him to get life," she said.
Sabrina Morrison reported to her middle-school counselor in March 2007 that her uncle had sexually assaulted her one day earlier on the Mesa property he shared with Sabrina's family. Sheriff's deputies followed up immediately with investigators, accompanying the family to a center in Mesa for an examination, according to the initial claim filed in 2012.
During the investigation, a nurse noted that there were no obvious signs of an assault, but investigators still collected samples that were later provided to the Arizona Department of Public Safety laboratory for testing, according to the claim.
Two months later, the lab reported that semen was detected on some of the items, and DPS advised the Sheriff's Office that investigators would need to collect a sample from a suspect for comparison.
Instead of collecting a sample from Patrick Morrison, sheriff's investigators closed the case as "inactive" in early 2008.
It wasn't until June 2011 that the case was reopened and a DNA sample was obtained from Patrick Morrison, according to the claim.
By then, he had repeatedly abused and molested his niece, according to the claim. He was arrested in February 2012.
But for years, relying only on the nurse's report that there was no evidence of an assault, Sabrina's family allowed Patrick to remain in and around the home, and her claims were disregarded.
"Hence, when Patrick Morrison denied the incident as ever happening, the lack of further action by the Sheriff's Office cemented in the Morrisons' minds the initial finding that there was no evidence of rape and correspondingly eroded any credibility they might have accorded their daughter's story — a young girl beset by significant mental limitations," the claim notes. "The level of psychic pain this child was forced to endure is both unconscionable and unforgivable."
The Morrison case came to light as the Sheriff's Office was reopening hundreds of sex-crime probes that were not adequately investigated.
Vikki Morrison claims county officials have continuously blamed the family for their daughter's repeated abuse following the initial report in 2007 because they allowed Patrick Morrison around the home.
"My daughter knows it's not our fault," she said. "She still asks, 'Why do they say it's your fault?' "
Vikki Morrison added that officials have never found anything against the family during the time Sabrina was repeatedly abused.
She said despite everything her daughter has been through, Sabrina wants to prevent this from happening to anybody else.
"Sabrina wants to get the word out," her mother said. "She wants to help others."
The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office released a statement Wednesday agreeing with the county's settlement.
"Today, this matter concludes and our hope is that the money awarded will go to a trust fund providing this victim with the help she requires now and in the future," said Arpaio spokeswoman Lisa Allen.
The settlement is the latest in a long string of million-dollar-plus payouts as a result of Sheriff's Office actions. Two inmate death cases, one in 1996 and one in 2001, resulted in payouts of $8 million and $6 million, respectively. More recently, the county paid $1.2 million to the family of a man who was struck and killed by a sleep-deprived deputy in 2009, and the state department of Correctional Health Services paid out $3.25 million in 2012 to the family of a diabetic inmate who died in custody.
In addition, the county has paid out millions more in settlements involving Sheriff Joe Arpaio's immigration enforcement actions, and at least $44 million to settle claims by county officials who were targeted in a political vendetta by Arpaio and former County Attorney Andrew Thomas.
In 2013, Maricopa County agreed to pay more in insurance premiums for the upcoming year because it was becoming increasingly difficult to find insurance carriers based on the county's exposure to legal claims.
The county at that time paid $2.3 million to renew its insurance policies, which pays for up to $55 million in insurance coverage for the county through six companies.
Part of the increase was because the county had to pay for coverage from two companies for its excess-liability plan. The liability plan covers claims that exceed the $5 million limit that can be paid out by the county's self-insured risk trust fund.
At the time, county administrators also decided to use two new insurance companies to cover sheriff-related claims and non-sheriff related claims.
(04-11-2015, 01:55 AM)Lunarscope Wrote: [ -> ]Sheriff Joe's downfall' uninsurable and Country can no longer pay for over maximum lawsuit losses, Wednesday Joe was disposed for ignoring court order' trials pending.

MESA
County to pay $3.5 million for botched MCSO probe

Kody Acevedo, The Republic | azcentral.com
1 day ago
Facebook
Twitter
Google Plus
more
Maricopa County will pay a $3.5 million settlement to the family of a girl whose abuser was allowed to walk free for nearly five years while the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office ignored physical evidence from the assault.

The case was one of more than 400 sexual-abuse and -assault cases that the Sheriff's Office admitted mishandling from roughly 2005 to 2007.

The Republic
Maricopa County Sheriff's Office
In this instance, Patrick J. Morrison, 51, eventually pleaded guilty in 2012 to three counts of child molestation against his niece, Sabrina, who is developmentally disabled. The girl first reported the molestation five years earlier in 2007, but deputies closed her case in 2008 even though physical evidence supported her story.
ROBERTS: MCSO botch job costs little girl -- and now taxpayers
The Arizona Republic typically does not identify sexual-assault victims. However, the family stepped forward and agreed to disclose Sabrina's identity in the hope that their case would call attention to the investigations mishandled by the Sheriff's Office.
The family had previously filed a $30 million claim against the county.
"We got the result that was justified," Charles Surrano, an attorney for the Morrison family. "I'm glad the county came to their senses."
Surrano said that as time progressed, he knew the Sheriff's Office smartest move was to admit their fault.
"Today's settlement reflects their liability," Surrano said.
Sabrina's mother, Vikki Morrison, said her daughter still suffers from the trauma of the case and no amount of money is going to change that.
"Money can't replace the fact that my daughter and family are traumatized forever," Vikki Morrison said. "Family means more to my daughter than any amount of money."
Patrick Morrison was sentenced to 24 years in prison for one count of child molestation and lifetime supervised probation following his release on two other counts of attempted child molestation, court records said.
Almost 21/2 years after the sentence, Sabrina's mother said that the family still feels his punishment was not severe enough.
"I wanted him to get life," she said.
Sabrina Morrison reported to her middle-school counselor in March 2007 that her uncle had sexually assaulted her one day earlier on the Mesa property he shared with Sabrina's family. Sheriff's deputies followed up immediately with investigators, accompanying the family to a center in Mesa for an examination, according to the initial claim filed in 2012.
During the investigation, a nurse noted that there were no obvious signs of an assault, but investigators still collected samples that were later provided to the Arizona Department of Public Safety laboratory for testing, according to the claim.
Two months later, the lab reported that semen was detected on some of the items, and DPS advised the Sheriff's Office that investigators would need to collect a sample from a suspect for comparison.
Instead of collecting a sample from Patrick Morrison, sheriff's investigators closed the case as "inactive" in early 2008.
It wasn't until June 2011 that the case was reopened and a DNA sample was obtained from Patrick Morrison, according to the claim.
By then, he had repeatedly abused and molested his niece, according to the claim. He was arrested in February 2012.
But for years, relying only on the nurse's report that there was no evidence of an assault, Sabrina's family allowed Patrick to remain in and around the home, and her claims were disregarded.
"Hence, when Patrick Morrison denied the incident as ever happening, the lack of further action by the Sheriff's Office cemented in the Morrisons' minds the initial finding that there was no evidence of rape and correspondingly eroded any credibility they might have accorded their daughter's story — a young girl beset by significant mental limitations," the claim notes. "The level of psychic pain this child was forced to endure is both unconscionable and unforgivable."
The Morrison case came to light as the Sheriff's Office was reopening hundreds of sex-crime probes that were not adequately investigated.
Vikki Morrison claims county officials have continuously blamed the family for their daughter's repeated abuse following the initial report in 2007 because they allowed Patrick Morrison around the home.
"My daughter knows it's not our fault," she said. "She still asks, 'Why do they say it's your fault?' "
Vikki Morrison added that officials have never found anything against the family during the time Sabrina was repeatedly abused.
She said despite everything her daughter has been through, Sabrina wants to prevent this from happening to anybody else.
"Sabrina wants to get the word out," her mother said. "She wants to help others."
The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office released a statement Wednesday agreeing with the county's settlement.
"Today, this matter concludes and our hope is that the money awarded will go to a trust fund providing this victim with the help she requires now and in the future," said Arpaio spokeswoman Lisa Allen.
The settlement is the latest in a long string of million-dollar-plus payouts as a result of Sheriff's Office actions. Two inmate death cases, one in 1996 and one in 2001, resulted in payouts of $8 million and $6 million, respectively. More recently, the county paid $1.2 million to the family of a man who was struck and killed by a sleep-deprived deputy in 2009, and the state department of Correctional Health Services paid out $3.25 million in 2012 to the family of a diabetic inmate who died in custody.
In addition, the county has paid out millions more in settlements involving Sheriff Joe Arpaio's immigration enforcement actions, and at least $44 million to settle claims by county officials who were targeted in a political vendetta by Arpaio and former County Attorney Andrew Thomas.
In 2013, Maricopa County agreed to pay more in insurance premiums for the upcoming year because it was becoming increasingly difficult to find insurance carriers based on the county's exposure to legal claims.
The county at that time paid $2.3 million to renew its insurance policies, which pays for up to $55 million in insurance coverage for the county through six companies.
Part of the increase was because the county had to pay for coverage from two companies for its excess-liability plan. The liability plan covers claims that exceed the $5 million limit that can be paid out by the county's self-insured risk trust fund.
At the time, county administrators also decided to use two new insurance companies to cover sheriff-related claims and non-sheriff related claims.

And yet, after all these years, the Sheriff is still in office. What is wrong with people in Maricopa county? I do not get how they can support such a despicable person who supposedly is an Officer of the Law!
To my understanding' at work, relating to any job, a Insurance argument will result in job removal, Arizona has already been providing their own insurance for Joe, so he feeds prisoners on $1.00 a day, tent city is a system with low overhead and his guards are mostly failing to do walkarounds.
I don't think next weeks contempt of court order hearing' many lawsuits after the known 3, will have a job, he cannot be insured so he will be dismissed, Jodi bus or not, Joe is disgraced' the only relevant matter is will he keep his pension, because he must be forced to quit or be fired, the defendants suing have their judges contemp charges against Joe, the insurance part of that post is what will remove Joe.
Thanks Lunarscope for the information.

He should be dismissed/fired and leave his post with nothing in my opinion.

https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/modern-day-grifters-the-sante-and-kenneth-kimes-story

This is the story of Sante Kimes and her son Kenneth.

If you want to compare Arias to someone - this is it.
Sante Kimes was a diabolical, manipulative murderess.
It took decades to finally catch her and her son.
She was sentenced, along with her son, to LWOP and she died of natural causes in 2014.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/943520_f8f2dbf91c364c4390afe860dcff6add.pdf

Everything in this motion for leniency can and was proven to be of no value in her trial(s). Two juries discounted her mitigating factors (except for one juror) as having more weight that the State's evidence presented.

I believe that this is a standard motion that is filed by the defense team in any case.

Her behaviour since the trial(s) ended certainly do not back up these mitigating factors.

Just standard procedure.
Yra Nerm' extremely bad people, her and her Son' murders without remorse or fear of getting caught, killing for want of free money.

Jodi killed from fear of losing friends' including Travis, and had debts because she had no marketable skills.

DP or Life in prison has thousands that deserve whatever the juries and states decide.

Their are smart criminals that escape or elude justice, and after murdering' slaughtering becomes easy, Jodi never had criminal smarts, she would have never escaped justice because she would have murdered again getting caught, she had luck that Travis wasn't found for days and planned premeditating' but saved receipts and left camera that implicated, dumbness relates.

Their are War criminals that have slaughtered thousands

I still categorise Jodi a worst of worst' because I do not believe Perryville can escape Jodis influence' unless Jodi dies this summer.
I respect your position Lunarscope but I do not believe Arias is so powerful and smart that she is able to influence those at Perryville.
The people at the prison are seasoned law enforcement guards and administrators. They know who is coming to them this week and what she most likely will try to do - manipulate.
The inmates in the Lumley Unit are the worst of the worst of female inmates. They too know who is coming to them and will wait as long as it takes to put Arias in her place.
I believe she will be categorized as high-risk and suffer the consequences of this title for a long time.

She DID get caught and not too long after her crime.
For me, this proves that she is not a smart perpetrator by any means and contrary to what she believes of herself.
She managed to delay her case for years and her arrogance believed she would walk as a free woman.
IT DID NOT WORK despite all of her efforts.

I believe she is an evil, manipulative, lying, arrogant person who believes in her own power ever people.
Unfortunately, Travis didn't get away.
All others, however, have seen her for what she is.
Her power is in her own mind, not others.
I sure hope I'm wrong and that your right Nerm, relating to Jodi, JSS, #17 and Perryville, it's less than 50 hours for Jodi to become a number, and out of the news' is every rational persons desire.

I still hold' Joe (before verdict) allowed Jodi open door movement while being jailed on what he claimed was Solitary Confinement, and it seams Jodi has been quiet since the verdict, so restrictions seam to be enforced.

Being a chameleon worked for her in jail, I do think Jodi will adapt to being in prison, and do to her own actions' she will have enemies at her Perryville arrival. She has discounted family and friends leaving only crazed supporters that I hope diminish' not reestablishing thru letters that will continue.