Crime & Trial Discussion Forums

Full Version: End is Near Hopefully
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-28-2015, 07:20 PM)Justice Wrote: [ -> ]My own personal opinion, which does not count for much, is that the Judge is against the death penalty.  Thus, why her 'voice broke' and she seemed almost to the point of tears when the first sentencing phase was finished without the jurors reaching a 'decision'.  I don't think she would ever be FOR a death penalty.

But, that being said, I fully expect to see her hand down a penalty of the 'rest of your natural life'.  She has heard the many changing lies, she has taken notes when witnesses as well as JA were being questioned by the defense and the prosecution.  I've noticed her note taking.  

She has gone on record as saying she see's Arias' 'manipulation' and self-serving tactics.  She knows Arias was proven guilty of premeditation and also proven guilty of 'covering her tracks' after the brutal ambush and murder.  She is also extremely aware of the suffering she deliberately caused Travis as she so barbarically slashed him to death.  

I see her as sentencing Arias to the rest of her natural life in prison.  But, I do think she is biased.  She seemed blatantly against the death penalty.  But, I believe she would always, in any cases before her, be against the 'death penalty' no matter how heinous the crime.

Where is 'observer'?  Observer was here and had great reasoning when I first came here, then suddenly, MIA.

Justice,

IMO, whether she is for or against the Death Penalty, it is of no consequence as the judge does not make that call.
Now, some could say that if she is against it, it would influence what evidence she would allow into the record during a trial. That would be a dishonest move on her part.
She has been a judge for some time and not a stupid woman to show bias. Although this is her 1st DP case, she is charged to provide a fair trial for everyone, both the defense and the prosecutor.
Everyone has their 1st DP case. They learn from it for the future.
She is also known for taking time with a case.
Seemed to work for the conviction but sentencing is whole other ball game and far more controversial for all jurors when making their decision, and that is whether they are for the DP or not.
I do continue to think that JSS let the defense hang themselves with their tactics.

Couldn't another reason that her voice seemingly "broke" and she was seemingly "close to tears" be that she wanted the trial over and done with this first jury and when they failed to give a unanimous decision, she was shocked as everyone was and she realized that everyone was going to have to go through it all again? Plausible in my mind.

(03-28-2015, 05:38 PM)duluth45 Wrote: [ -> ]Nern, after the first trial, I firmly believed that JSS would give her possibility of release.   There were four of us, myself, my sister, my friend, and my sister-in-law who were keeping in touch during the first trial.  They all thought that she would give her life without parole, I thought she would give her life with possibility of release if the penalty came down to her to make the call.  I have since tried to change my opinion of this judge in more ways than one.  But I still believe there is that possibility that the judge will give her life with possibility of release.  We will just have to wait and see.  My belief was based on my observations of how the judge seemed to bend over backwards towards the defendant and her expert witnesses and her attorneys.  Her voice was softer when she would talk to them.  I will never forget when Juan was really on a roll while questioning Arias and she started crying and before many seconds passed, the judge called a recess so that poor little abused Arias wouldn't have to suffer.  Who does that!  I thought that was outrageous. But I am no expert, so I bow to those of you who know better than I.  
I just have to wait and see.  I will say I don't expect to be surprised at whatever penalty she hands down.

Duluth,

I do not believe there is anyone on this planet with a sound mind, including the judge, that believe there is any chance of reformation or rehabilitation of Arias. To get LWP, evidence of this possibility must be seen.

All of Arias' many performances, lies and antics throughout her life AND especially her lack of remorse and humanity for others throughout this case are blatantly obvious and show no reason why she would change in the future.
She has shown that she will do ANYTHING, right down to cold-blooded murder, to get what she wants. ANYTHING includes forgeries, defamation of Travis' character, suborning the lies of witnesses, her lies on psychological testing and her manipulation to circumvent the legal system at every twist and turn. It is further shown in her actions since the mistrial as she tries to recruit minors to her cause and her other infractions while in jail.

I will be shocked, angry, disgusted and just plain mad off my feet if a reprehensible verdict of LWP is handed down.

(03-28-2015, 08:22 PM)duluth45 Wrote: [ -> ]Justice, I agree.  I miss Observer's calm reasoning too.  I hadn't thought about the judge not believing in the death sentence, but I do believe that she would abide by whatever laws judges are supposed to abide by.  I see no reason why a judge couldn't have his/her own beliefs in the death penalty.  And in Arizona as I understand it, she can't sentence the death penalty, only natural life or life with possibility of release.

Duluth,

I totally agree with your comment about the judge.

(03-29-2015, 12:31 AM)Justice Wrote: [ -> ]Could 'PV' mean...this charge carried over to Perryville?

Whatever it means, I'm sure Judge Sherry has a sizable stack of TAK's violations that will follow her to Perryville!

Justice,

I agree with you. Even though Arias refused a pre-sentencing interview (which I believe was to not have to disclose her financial situation), the record speaks for itself and all of her actions will once again come back a bite her in the ass as they are reviewed by the judge.

(03-29-2015, 01:07 AM)Lunarscope Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Justice I was serching law wiki stuff.

To Perryville a Conviict Conduct Evaluation Docket, So it's what JSS reviews for Presentencing Interview, and would also report amount of Jodi commissary balance to be transferred, now I'm unsure if Joe charged Jodi formally.

Reporters said Jodi conduct logs were ready to not cause a delay issue, as far as next day around-about.

I bet Nurmi was shocked with the 5 weeks, because he asked for some time, JSS set a date then Martinez sternly objected asking for a Monday or Tuesday and JSS so kindly agreed, it all seamed scripted to me somehow, everyone out of character with Nurmi shocked, I expect a delay of day or two was (high profile) expected for riot-control + news assembly, but 5 weeks' and then no court news" sounds like Federal involvement to me.

We don't hear if motions are unresolved or new ones entered, the Jodi motion for JSS talk was just line item cropped, I may be over examining but it makes for a final wild guessing.

I would prefer on or after tax day, if that could help Alexander family collect Jodi money, for failure to report or file taxes by Arias clan or the cult !

New Just Da Truth blog post exploring why the forged letter is indeed a forgery!

http://justdatruth2012.blogspot.com/2015/03/jodi-arias-forged-letters.html?m=1

There is not ONE thing in the above blog post that does not make sense. It is the best and factual tearing apart of these despicable forgeries
It speaks to the fact that, as I have been saying, Arias is not as smart as she thinks she is.
I now have my doubts about Perryville on the 13th, April is likely, Joe said 42 days, that was 10 to many days, Jodi has a civil lawsuit, (asked JSS to release her Lawyers), their was Travis suing Jodi and Cassandra suing Jodi, (JSS said something about possible in jail deposition that was confusing) when the last trial ended we had Victoria Washington (I think we will be hearing from her) wanting to make Nurmi look bad, Nurmi lied to Skye' so he will be disbarred in time or sued, I see no career advancement for him, so he isn't worth further research, his goose is cooked.

I'm assuming MDLR talked to Jodi about her legal problems with banking and spending Jodi money, and that Nurmi and Willmott are not talking with Jodi, I guessing Jodi is getting no legal team communication, with her trial defenders.

Theirs April 23rd Jodi court involvement' I'm unsure what or why but it times with Joe for 10 to many days statement about Jodi.

The civil Lawsuit could also be the Wrongful Death tabled, but I think Jodi is (old argument) claiming the courts not allowing the forged letters evidenced' is somehow ineffective council by Nurmi, Jodi will never accept the letters she forged argument defeated' without forensic proof of forgery, she has had appeal on the brain since retrial started.

Justice if JSS is anti DP I see a impartiality problem that would impact her canon = job, unless it is a closeted thought, and if so unprovable, cause being a 'trier of fact' doesn't excuse provable prejudices.

Nern said;
There is not ONE thing in the above blog post that does not make sense. It is the best and factual tearing apart of these despicable forgeries
It speaks to the fact that, as I have been saying, Arias is not as smart as she thinks she is

JDT really nails the door shut, its his knowledge and exacting, but I always found room for debate, including small issues he relates, did Jodi herself forage the letters or did Matt and Jodi forage the letters, it's late for some answers to matter, and JDT is exactly right about the scope of why Jodi and how Jodi impacted or wanted to impact, by being diabolical, but I could nit-pick a few sentences.
Sorry, but I see nothing that would delay the sentencing of Arias on the 13th of April.

Dismissing of her lawyers will not happen. It has been tried over and over again with a denial of this request each and every time.
That, and there only remains formalities for this defense team of Arias' as the only thing left at this point is her sentencing.
Nurmi and Wilmott and probably MDLR are gone after the 13th.

Ineffective counselling and/or the forged letters issues would all be addressed in an appeal.
Also, a Civil Suit and/or Wrongful Death Suit will not cause a delay her as they are separate from the issue of sentencing Arias.
Any consequences for Nurmi lying to the Hughes is not a reason for a delay.

Sheriff Joe gave a 42 day timeline for restrictions for Arias.
I do not think he has any "inside" information that would make him give these days because a delay was in the works.
He would not be privileged to this kind of information.
He gave this timeline as an assurance restrictions would remain in place until she is shipped off to Perryville. Arias has the right to appeal the restrictions and if for some god-awful reason they reduced the number of days, it would still fall under the timeline of April 13th meaning nothing would really change for her before she leaves Estrella.

And again, I agree with Duluth. The judge has the right to her personal opinion on the DP. She does not have the right to impose it in a case and I do not feel she did so in any way. It is only speculation as to what her thoughts are on this issue.
I said 13th transport to Perryville, not Jodi in court for sentencing on the 13th, that will happen with no delay' as things stand, I am saying Jodi may have a extra 10 days in Jail' so hold on to the balloon, helicopter and Wodden Spoon parade!

Nurmi, Wilmott and MDLR are gone after the 13th, is certain, they will have reached conclusion Jodi trial is history after JSS sentences, they only file a closure report.

Nerm' Justice was speculating' to my speculation, hers your reply;

And again, I agree with Duluth. The judge has the right to her personal opinion on the DP. She does not have the right to impose it in a case and I do not feel she did so in any way. It is only speculation as to what her thoughts are on this issue.

@ Their is no way a DP Judge would be Allowed to have a anti-DP stance publicly known, it would breach barrier of impartiality.
Thanks Lunarscope. I appreciate your comment.

It has been said all along that she would go directly from the court to Perryville once sentenced.
I would think all issues can be dealt with there.

I stand corrected - apparently it was reported by Troy Hayden that she would go back to Estrella for one night and then on to Perryville.
Speculation from some is that they will move her during the night to avoid as much publicity as possible.
Who knows what will go on!
We had a good discussion with JDT that he didn't include, and I wish he had. Jodi is talking spiderman undies for boys and tight fit, we had lots of perspectives, and the one unified result was' a girl with Jodis hips wouldn't fit into, impossible.

And I cut this from #6.;

NOTHING to warn the Hughes or at the very least keep Travis away from that child? Instead she continues using the Hughes home as her booty retreat and plans on meeting Travis there for amorous adventures within feet of the child he finds sexually irresistible.

@ I'm sorry JDT, I disagree on many fronts, Jodi was at the Hughes for training to be baptised, Travis and Jodi were sexually separated while Jodi was going thru intense 6 week training, Now that's what I have been told ' plus, understand as truth, Only because I do not know about pre-baptism training in the Mormon religion, but their is a later Jodi lie about Travis giving her the Bible and having sex in car, that was in town of Darryl/Jodi house, that was also a Jodi lie, If I was JDT I would ask Chris if a (booty retreat) retraction was necessitated, including the amorous adventures assumptions, I wholeheartedly disagree !

After revision I'd say JDT's blog then captures 100% perfect .

From Tweet conversion with Mimi, Mimi seemed to agree' but I never read from this blogger myself before today.

23rd or upcoming hearing is Cassandra suing Jodi for fight inside their locked cell, physical assault damages civil lawsuit.
Cassandra admits mood medication, but its now discovered she knew what she said when wearing crazy hairdo!

If so Jodi walks into Perryville with cellmate fighting known by inmates and guards, that happened when guard needed to unlock door to breakup fight.
And Jodi walks into Perryville having caused tighter restrictions on Video Visitation that inmates are anticipating to be made available to them.
And 3 Million dollars spent' when Perryville is run like a slum.

I honestly don't think Jodi will make-it thru Summer.
I found this and am posting unedited, it explains why DR. Karp was often discussed and not at trial, I think only one link opens!

Edie Morse
^^^ Why has JSS protected Skank by sealing the document from June, 2011 (?), in which Juan Martinez says:--

"Dr. Karp stated in her report: 'The relationship also involved Travis' pedophilic tendencies . . . ."; ". . . . as well as [Jodi] discovering his pedophilic behavior . . . ."; "She knows she was the only one that actually knew his 'awful dark secret' -- that he was a pedophile." (Karp Report - Under Seal)... Juan Martinez goes on to argue that the only corroborating evidence that JA & Co. have are 10 forged letters, in admissible because they are obviously fakes... - June, 2011. Source:-- http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=8&ved=0CFgQFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitdoc.com%2Fupload%2Fzou2%2Fja-expert-hearsay-issue.pdf&ei=osEIU-HmHYfx2wX08YHQAg&usg=AFQjCNH7rLXUYthVlGbcStiegZiaGMxzdQ&bvm=bv.61725948%2Cd.b2I

At the time when I posted this quotation by Juan Martinez, in February 2014, the document which I source was available on-line-- but, later on, it was scrubbed. This is an outrage, that the truth which reveals the extent of Skank's depravity is scrubbed from the internet and sealed. JSS is a bloody disgrace!!!

Source:-- https://www.facebook.com/edie.morse/posts/218620521675205
Saturday at 7:11am
Edie Morse
Deborah Maran's lesson shows how many people attempt forgeries all of the time. Check fraud, forging prescription drugs, signatures for legal documents, etc., are all too common. 69,000 people were charged with forgery & counterfeiting, in the US, in 2009... 26,000 of whom were female forgers.

Refer to:-- http://jodiariastrialtruth.blogspot.com/2015/03/aria-is-worse-than-some-thought.html?spref=fb
Just Da Truth said' quote;
New blog with chilling animation by #GrayHughes on #JodiArias—don't say I didn't warn you justdatruth2012.blogspot.com/2015/03/jodi-a… please RT. Thank you!

http://justdatruth2012.blogspot.com/2015/03/jodi-arias-fog-finger-and-other-tall.html?m=1

Excellent psyco analysis for lay-people and more' scar on right hand isn't bent little finger on left hand' so that parts a bit confusing, puts Jodi supporters in their place' thou.
Justdatruth...really great expose' of truth.

I have been thinking about something. Just wondering. (That's how my mind works, I suppose.) Anyway, we all know that once already Judge Sherry left a decision up to the higher court...when she closed the courtroom and locked everyone out, reporters included. Of course it can be argued that she knew the higher court would order the courtroom reopened. But this did happen. That's all in the records of this circus of a trial.

Now we await sentencing on April 13th. Surely, we say, the sentencing must happen then. But...
What if this judge again passes something along to someone else, in the future? She could...COULD...sentence her to 25 years, and with time served, that would add up to almost 17 years that JA would spend in prison. Well, technically, she'd like what...end up within 6 to 8 weeks serving the 17 years.

Then, it would be laid on the shoulders of the clemency board to decided if she serves longer. Right? Or since, in Arizona, life means life, then does '25 years' literally mean '25 years'? If she had major infractions, say wounding another prisoner or attempted murder of an inmate or something, I assume some time could be added to that time. But, minus something like that happening, does '25 years' mean literally 25 years? Minus time served, of course, which would mean in reality she'd only serve right at 17 years.

I guess my fear could be that Judge Sherry might just do that! Then, after that, Arias would be out of the hands of Judge Sherry. Wouldn't she? Just as it was out of her hands and left on the shoulders of the higher court?