Crime & Trial Discussion Forums

Full Version: End is Near Hopefully
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lunarscope, I really thought at one time that the Cancun trip was the motive for the killing. But so many pieces of the puzzle are missing.
Maybe she stole large amounts of money from Travis. And I don't believe he gave her his passwords. Also another law firm in the Mesa area
named Miles Davis was mentioned. The May 26, 2008 msgs. Travis was very angry with her. I think I remember the reason the Hughes had
Travis's other journals were for safe keeping, since things were stolen from his home. And during the 1st. trial when DB was testifying and
they focused on his hands, the p@nis pic that was supposed to be TA's it sure looked more like DB's hands and nail beds.
Lavender I 100% agree that was DB in the picture Nurmi loved to show, Travis was religious' he wouldn't have pictured his privates, although I bet Jodi had many male privates pictures on phones and computer' so she could have picked-thru, but' DB's nailbed (by his hands when testifying) Do-match' so that's good enough, also Travis nails were well groomed not matching.

I have little confusion about Cancun, (although I could be wrong about the 'if' because of why and the who's to be vacationing there) Travis was telling Jodi stalking' and that he was glad to rid her from Mesa, Jodi didn't want to face Hughes in Cancun or Travis's close friends there' I don't think after leaving Mesa Jodi wanted to go, but not going to Cancun was murderous aggravation reasoning early premeditation. It was in no way' that Jodi wanted to ask Travis to take her to Cancun on the murder day.

Jodi 100% assured was named on the earlier Cancun ticket when first issued in January and exchanged about the time Jodi moved from Mesa, I think Jodi more-so didn't want Travis to talk about her in Cancun' to talk and learn against her. Travis had 2 free tickets because he was a keynote speaker, he had ability to rename his guest' most vacationers were not permitted to ammend or exchange ticket.

Jodi was shocked when she learned Travis had no love interest for sharing a room there in Cancun, Jodi thought (correctly) the babysitter Travis lie, was about more than it was. Actually Travis was still stuck on Lisa.

Travis also lied about finding a interesting prospective love interest on the internet' that was discovery lie to catch Jodi snooping, his church dating page mentioned in that conversation.

Dumbly Travis (early in the year) let Jodi construct his Facebook page. He had a facebook book page to design to sell his book' and a clothing line Facebook page to design, two Travis stupidities was using one password for everything and letting Jodi use his facebook passwords. I have found both Travis and Jodi Myspace web pages that someone saved when I have searched.

If newfound revelations equate' that Travis borrowed money from Chris and Mimi then that's due to Jodi both having Travis's ATM card or charge card and passwords using them to steal, I bet he didn't balance his checkbook' just accepted the monthly balance as truth, he was raking-in money.

Five things that I'm sure-of;
Camera was strapped around Jodi's neck thru the slaughter' that required all available seconds to do the stabbing, their was no time to even drop camera or any Jodi lie, it took 4 seconds each for 30 stabs, give or take leaves no time for anything else.

Jodi shot dead Travis - mad she had cut her finger stabbing.

Jodi never went to Lodi on roadtrip, she got fuel at Benetta then crossed the Benetta/Martinez bridge going south to due west at San Jose where Gus lived, not meeting Gus that night. I think Jodi called Gus to delay appointment and he was in Lodi' the McDonald's small fry and water receipt, Jodi had a case of bottled water in her trunk.

Jodi Didn't want to go to PPL Cancun, did want to go before that years Christmas weekend' that was absent Travis as a boyfriend.

Gus (maybe Matt or Darryl) Gus gave Jodi Lodi McDonald's receipt, and if Jodi asked him to save the receipt, (not she just found-it in his car = their meeting timed about Walmart purchases) then his trying to plead the 5th wouldn't have worked with Martinez's skills at determining deception, I'm saying Jodi was to meet Gus the night before' so she called him saying next morning, maybe he was in Lodi because Jodi never was.

-----------------------------

I don't think we can learn about Jodi attorney because Travis was suing her, Martinez and Florez got the dirt and didn't use it, I skip to why Travis was suing = in this order
#1 - stolen book chapter' being the worst thing that ever happened to him aggressiveness!
#2 - stolen bank money' being why she was trying to ruin him!
#3 - flattened tires' being why he told friends she was crazy!
#4 - stolen ledgers' being why he knew everything that had happened was Jodis fault!
#5 - stalking - maybe engagement ring, I do not know if resized ring was returned by Jodi!

I think Jodi expected to find a girl (to kill) at Travis's that early morning, it was premeditated double killing' but he was alone, had him stand facing away in shower doorway and sliced his neck from behind, repeated neck slicing after forceful aimed heart stab while he was on floor on his back.

Hooking-up with a stalker psyco like Jodi (I call-it demented' because I believe psychoanalysis falls short by compartmentalization) = Jodi creates a riff between Travis and the Hughes, she wanted the impossible, Travis all to herself, she only ever accomplished the Lisa breakup.

Jodi was facing Jail for stealing from Travis and knew-it, her whole world was collapsed' she was days from cars repossession arriving at Yreka, supposedly owed her mom money, everyone in Yreka knew she lied at every statement and slutted around, her stomping grounds was living in densely populated tourist-trap Monterey area. Where she would blend-into the crowd as a attractive, before personality revealed usery.
Lavender during the conversation you linked me to' after totaling the BMW (Jodi leaving Mesa) they talk about Jodi slept in her car' well she slept in a motel, maybe both but she did not sleep at Travis's after he flipped her the bird, Jodi's mother went to motel Jodi was at after flying to Mesa to loan Jodi money for her to return to Yreka.

The Michael K. was ninja love letter e-mail Jodi wrote to Travis' telling Travis she misaddressed, Michael K. was the phantom wild goose chase, Jodi sent Travis on' nobody PPL or Mormon who Jodi told Travis about knew a Michael K. to confirm the Jodi lie.

I had been suspecting about why Travis had a mailbox key, Chris Hughes said it was a shared mailbox for neighborhood, think in 4's,  mailman delivers each second house on street to 4 residences mail delivery, all on street have a key to their mailbox.

The little Text argument' Travis aggravation about Jodi leaving picture. Jodi had been insistent that Travis needed to sign the picture (alternative reason), this was before the big argument, Jodi had moved the picture to a can't- miss place, leaving-it, I wild-guess Jodi was denied sex that day' she owed Travis much money and was ready to start stealing, had his card, Travis had the same passwords for everything and Jodi snooped all of his business. So Travis gave her his Facebook password and Jodi snooped knowing he repeated same passwords, when he changed his password Jodi had his administration authority locked in, being informed of password changes because his main e-mail address would be informed.

I expect Mesa attorney was related to U-haul BMW tow, Jodi was blaming U-haul mechanic for leaving it in gear, it must be in gear to attach car, = drive up-on car in park or gear with emergency brake on, chain front of car, the release emergency brake and put into neutral before moving.
Restitution hearing has a motion for delay, I think it's Martinez filing not Jodi, unsure.

Restitution relates to Arizona = already taking 20% of of the top' relating to Jodi mail-money' relating to 20% earned in prison money when she becomes eligible to work.

Restitution also relates to compensation for Alexander family expenses spent for trial attendance' plus whatever courts award, restitution is done so a wrongful death need for trial is curtailed, only if restitution falls short will wrongful death lawsuit be needed.

Martinez has ability to appeal restitution award' explaining Martinez is involved' handling the legal process.

Willmott may represent Jodi if Public Defenders office refuses JSS request to represent Jodi, Public Defenders Office quit Jodi before first trial and that resulted in Nurmi getting on Jodi team with Washington (had a conflict with Matt = as far as reading Washington's motion to quit = minutes) and Willmott becoming on Jodis team, Two attorneys and public defenders office quit Jodi, I believe Jodi has no attorney willing to appeal for her, the motion for appeal was filed by the same party as this new motion for restitution hearing delay.
Been away for a while from this case. Back to my normal life with Arias not a part of it.
I will say that the interest is still there however.

Very interesting reading of all the posts. Great research by everyone.

Here is my bottom line......

Arias killed Travis out of pure and simple rejection by him. Cancun was a none issue in my mind.
All of her devious antics surrounding her "relationship" with Travis were coming to a head and she was not about to allow Travis to ruin her entire life.
She went to serious extremes in her pursuit of Travis - much more than with any other man.
He rejected her and let her know that she was a booty call only and never had any intentions of making a life-long commitment to her.
With the prospect of her life crumbling completely, she decided that Travis must pay and pay with his life.
In her mind, he would be gone and her life would go on as she wanted it.

To me - with regard to all the issues around her appeals and who will be representing her, it is all just the process given who is at the centre of it - Arias.
Her appeals will be heard and they will be totally denied..... but she will continue to try and out-wit the legal system. That is her style and as we all well know.
It has never worked in the past and it will not work now or in the future.

Arias is behind bars for the rest of her natural life and NOTHING she tries to do will EVER change that fact.
Nerm I completely agree' but add to bottom line' Jodi was at the point where she was unable to stalk' she invested in Travis (deviously) and that all ended when she left Mesa, their were upcoming repercussions that were going to rock her world, so she was financially destitute and had pending punishments, as far as female/male I consider Jodi broke and vindictive alike a male who would have felt financial ruin, then female loss of friendship possibilities of church going community.

Appeals are granted for murders' if procedures are inadequate, justice will just ignore the crimes (justfully) if criminals rights are impacted. It happens all the time, I could example a Canadian lady kidnapped killed/tortured 3' including her sister, got months in prison and walking free today, only because her male rapist was primary target of charges, accompanyings punishment' was trials goal. Criminals go free irrespective or crime, I think not Jodi, but we wait for her defense teams punishment and restitution plus/or wrongful death punishment, I to want closure' but Jodi plays the system, 7 year is belated conviction and 2 year trial circus, equates system failure' because their was never a mitigation factor, this was a anti-organised-religion travisty that Arizona perpetuated. MDLR was banking for Jodi, I refuse to accept that we have received resolve.
Lunarscope,
You are absolutely correct - Arias had no other option but to get rid of the person who was causing so much upheaval in her life when in fact, it was her actions that put her into the position she found herself in.

Yes, there could be repercussions down the road for others associated with this case, BUT, nothing that they may or may not have done will ever trump the crime that Arias committed and her subsequent conviction and sentence.
Absolutely the trial went on far too long but whatever reason people believe this to be so, the evidence spoke for itself with the help of a great prosecutor.
Lunarscope, Maybe another reason she wanted to kill him, is that he was going to tell all his friends in Utah what she had done to him, and
Leslie knew her new boyfriend RB. She still wanted to have all the connections up in Utah. I think she was going to keep moving in the Mormon
community until she could find her a husband. I have always wondered how much MM knew about the murder.. and DB told one story on the stand and a different story in a interview he did, also DB had lunch with Jonathan Leach from 48 hrs. to set up interview with JA. But I remember reading at @JoseMcyntire back during the 1st. trial that MM had a Optical center up somewhere in the Monterrey area.
I have Fear of the secrets' have since I got interested' about the time Jodi started her 18 days, whereas I also think Martinez is great' I have pinpointed imperfections as in errors also strategically I would have rerouted, that said I see no reversible error, nor do I expect Willmott, MDLR or Nurmi failed the court' I see their "Crimes" nothing to help Jodi to successful appeal argument, and Nerm I So do hope that your wrong' that 'in Time' their will be justices, I want action this summer' or before of charges and Bar association, repercussions, career destruction, millions in fines.

What that leaves is Judgements' all and every determination befalls scrutiny' their are many Judges Jodi filed motions to, and Martinez denials by JSS' Martinez desires due punishment' and held back from from highlighting JSS inadequacies, for due process reasonings, that's my fear' a back door appeal argument' nothing the Defense objected to, fact is Janet under JSS helped convince first Jury foreman to hang the Jury, their was notice by Martinez to JSS that was 100% mistrial actionable, the federal courts will dismiss retrial = then JSS retrial of Jodi = same courtroom, pretrial motion to protect from Florez and Martinez of viewing Jodi jailhouse visitation, granted by a Judge before JSS, was overturned by Arizona Supreme Court, All I'm saying is since a reversal of judgement happened twice (Jodi secret testimony) I can see it happening again.
I hate revealing on internet Jodi arguments' but I have more issues that could be tabled for a learned Attorney to scale usefulness. Appeals are only about Judge rulings and obvious failures by attornies.

Frankly JSS granted Jodi every opportunity to muddy the fair trial process, and that isn't consistent with avoiding appeal issues, JSS is my retrial appellate fear, not Nurmi unprofessionally telling jury he didn't like Jodi, a appeal issue is why JSS didn't allow trial delay granting Nurmi to quit Jodi!

Lavender; MM optical was photo editing' Jodi was involved somewhat with it, address was Big Sur.

Travis was planning a dream house in Utah' acres and New construction, that is why Jodi wanted Utah church friendships.

Jodi only dated (after Ventana) earners of over $50,000.00 and by hanging-out with PPL that ment the Ringers = high earners, I don't think she only shopped for PPL ringer boyfriends' just PPL ringers were in her inner circle due to Travis, Travis kept Jodi from his friends because she BJ the day they met. He wanted her to find a man to keep her, never under his shoulder, just one Mexico shared vacation' and a secluded Niagara Falls vacation.

I don't know much about the Utah people involved, but Travis was going to tell the Trash Jodi was, at Cancun! that is why the roadtrip was scheduled, plus bank account theft issues' tires and to Travis most important' stealing chapters of his book!
No new boyfriend; Utah Sex wasn't Grinding it was premeditating, and Leslie just had Jodi phone #' nothing more, the gathering was to confirm Jodi excuse with a bunch of people, Jodi didn't plan for roadtrips delay.
I don't think Utah matters, but for filling 3 gas cans.
With Travis gone Jodi was wanting Monterey area, I bet she asked Margarettaville bar (where she met-up with Paul Stern = drug dealing police records) about employment the night before slaughter on roadtrip, heading there with rental car' but arrested, Hughes on hitlist with Mimi.

Jodi had new breast implants just before = I think just after meeting Travis, she was with increased sexualized desirability.